Thirty Nine

Taehyung set the bottle of lube on the bedside, standing on its cap. Beside it, he placed three condoms, already separated. The towel he had draped over his forearm he spread across the bed. He turned the lube tube a little until the label was facing the bed, easily discernible from the bed. Not that they would really need to read it, but it just seemed right.

He took a step back and checked over his handiwork, what little there was. He had thought about maybe scattering rose petals or something, but it would probably earn him one of Jeongguk's disbelieving scoffs and he wasn't sure his self-esteem could handle that right now.

The truth was, he was terrified that his pretty little bun would reject his advances. He knew, in his head, that the chances of the highly sexed rabbit hybrid turning down any form of intimacy was slim to none. Since the boy had regained his libido Taehyung 'took care' of him at least once a day. Oft times more. But the traitorous voice of anxiety sneered at the idea of Jeongguk desiring him enough to finally have sex with him. Why would he? Taehyung was frigid, perverted, damaged, trying too hard, not well enough prepared, too inexperienced, too pushy...

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Silencing that voice had become easier over the past months. It was no longer his constant companion, listing all the reasons why he would fail, why he was unworthy. It was wrong, and now he had the strength to truly believe that.

He took another deep breath and gave himself a final once over in the mirror, fussing with his hair a little. He undid and retired the belt of the silky, navy, blue robe that reached his mid thigh. He'd bought it especially for today. He'd wanted to feel sexy. Women bought lingerie for the first time with their lovers, so why couldn't he indulge a little?

And under the robe? There was nothing but skin and desire.

He opened the door to their shared bedroom and quietly crossed the carpeted expanse of the lounge room until he could see Jeongguk's dark head above the couch. He had his specialised headset on, a sure sign he was completely immersed in his game.

Taehyung had chosen Saturday morning game time for two reasons. One, Guk got so into his games he barely registered Taehyung was alive, so there was little chance of him catching the older boy when he'd sequestered himself in their bedroom for a little warm up before the main event, so to speak. And two, his ego needed the assurance that he was more fun to play with than some stupid video game.

"Guk?" He called to the seated hybrid, not really surprised when he didn't get an answer. He traversed the couch and planted himself before the boy.

If he hadn't been so keyed up, the boy's reaction might have been funny. In less than a second his expression went from annoyed to shocked to very interested.

"H-hey." He swallowed, his eyes travelling down Tae's body, very obviously aroused beneath the skimpy silk of the robe, and back up again before meeting his eyes, heat already kindled in his gaze.

He gave a small smile and reached out a hand. "Come play with me instead." He invited, huskily.

"Gotta go." He snapped tearing off his headset and throwing the controller on the couch without bothering to exit to the menu, his hand already gripping Tae's as the older helped him of the couch.

Tae led them to the bedroom, not bothering to shut the door since they were the only two residents of the small unit. When they got to the foot of the bed, he hopped on, kneeling on the edge and taking a fist full of Jeongguk's shirt to drag him down to meet his upturned lips. When he was satisfied that he'd been kissed thoroughly enough, he drew back and settled back onto his thighs.

"Get naked." He ordered. Another time he might take his time, unwrapping the hybrid like a present, but today he wanted skin.

Guk's eyes widened a little in surprise, but in less than a second he was whipping the oversized white tee over his head and fiddling clumsily with the button on his jeans.