3 · Welcome To Jurassic World

"Who better to get the children through Jurassic Park than a dinosaur expert?" - John Hammond, Jurassic Park (1993)

----------------------------------------

I rushed through the crowd, checking the time every now and then. Due to the large crowds in the Park, I was forced to leave my bike back at the raptor's paddock with Barry. To be honest, it was a bit annoying, as I could make it from one side of the park to the other a lot faster on my bike than running. I shoved my way through the crowd, flashing my Jurassic World employee key card like a cop whenever someone grumbled angrily.

I let out a breath of relief when I saw the woman I was looking for; Zara Young. "Zara." I said, sighing in relief. Even though we had never gotten along, seeing her was still better than being stuck in the crowd.

"You're late." The woman growled, crossing her arms.

"I would've gotten here faster if I had taken my bike," I retorted, "But I can't exactly take that, can I?"

"Whatever," Zara scoffed, "Their stuff has been dropped off at the hotel, but you should probably make sure it arrived safely. Also, their aunt arranged to meet with them at one and she's got meetings for the rest of the day, so make sure you're not late."

"Yeah, yeah." I replied, rolling my eyes as I waved a hand. "I'll take care of it." Zara hurried off, whipping out her phone before she was out of hearing distance. I sighed, returning my gaze to the two boys in front of me. "Izabelle Smoke." I introduced myself, holding out a hand. "But I prefer Iz."The younger boy bounded forward, full of excitement, and shook my hand.

"I'm Gray, and that's Zach, my brother." He said, motioning to the taller boy behind him. "It's so good to meet you!"

I chuckled at his energy, smiling. "It's great to meet you too." I replied.

"How old are you anyways?" The other boy, Zach, asked. "You look a little young to be working here."

"Seventeen," I replied, "But I'm turning eighteen in a couple weeks. You?"

"Turning eighteen next month." Zach answered.

"I'm twelve!" Gray chimed in, smiling.

"Good to know." I retorted.

"The next T-Rex feeding will begin in ten minutes." Gray perked up at the mention of the dinosaur, looking up at Zach and I with wide eyes.

"T-Rex!" He exclaimed, bouncing with excitement. "Can we go, please?"

"I can do you one better." I replied, lowering myself to the boy's height as I held up my key card. "I don't do it for everyone, but I can get you up close." Gray smiled widely, nodding his head, while Zach stared at me with wide eyes. "Let's go boys!" I said, standing up. As I began pushing my way back into the crowd, I glanced back to see the boys hurrying after me.

"Dude," Gray muttered, "She's way cooler than your girlfriend." I smiled to myself, shaking my head slightly.

"Yeah." Zach replied, a bit of disappointment to his voice.

The three of us made our way over to a side path; just one of the many shortcuts that were hidden around the Park. And, little did the boys know, we weren't on our way to visit the T-Rex. While the beast was beautiful, she had always been too big and stubborn to train, which made working with her impossible. So, instead of Rexy, I was taking the boys to see something a little...     smaller.