CHAPTER 2 Camelot's Lost King

A/N—Drew a picture of Japeth (left) and Aric (right) above. I think it turned out pretty good, what do you guys think?
—————————-

~JAPETH'S POV~

It was a relatively normal day in the Foxwood School for Boys with its cloudy sky and the boys grumbling about Dean Burnhilde's spiteful attitude. But like most normal days in Foxwood, it was also quite uneventful for the most part.

Japeth had been with his twin, Rhian, in Arbed House since they were around ten. They'd been attending the Foxwood School for Boys for around four and a half years now, making them almost fifteen years old. Two fifteen year olds without their mother, that is.

Japeth found that over the years he and Rhian began attending School in Arbed, Rhian had slowly became distant from him. With Rhian barely giving Japeth a glance and sometimes acting as if Japeth was a total stranger, it might've seemed that the two weren't blood related at all let alone brothers, if only it wasn't for their obvious twin ship.

Sometimes, Japeth hated that Rhian acted so hard toward him. Ever since Rhian befriended Kei two years ago, it was like Japeth didn't even exist in Rhian's eyes anymore. It was only when Rhian wanted to lecture Japeth on something or to tell him off that Rhian would actually speak to Japeth. But when Rhian did try to nag his brother, Japeth would only ignore him because he'd gotten sick of Rhian's attitude.

In Arbed House, Rhian wasn't there for Japeth in a way a brother should be. Rhian didn't care that Japeth was angry at him for his "new shiny persona," or that Japeth felt like Kei had replaced him. All Rhian cared about was himself, and if that wasn't selfish, than Japeth didn't know what was.

"King Rhian. May I request a banquet to be thrown in honor of your Coronation?" Kei's voice sounded through the air, and Japeth swiveled his head to see Rhian and Kei laughing like they'd heard the funniest joke ever.

"We'll get there someday, Kei," Rhian told his friend and Japeth leered at the smile that crawled across Rhian's face. It's as if Rhian believed his own words to be true. He truly believed that someday, far off in the distant future, he and Kei would make it to Camelot.

From a young age, Rhian had always been fascinated with the great legends of Camelot and the legendary King Arthur, who pulled a magical sword from a stone and claimed the throne as king. Rhian always blabbered about wanting to go to Camelot one day and meeting King Arthur himself, but Japeth and Rhian's mother, Evelyn Sader, would always shush him.

It was one day that Rhian happened to come across a letter addressed to their mother from the King of Camelot himself and he excitedly claimed that Arthur was their father, but Japeth never believed it. If Arthur was their father, wouldn't he know that he had two sons? And wouldn't Japeth and Rhian have been welcomed in Camelot instead of living in a poor cottage down on their luck?

But no refusal to believe Rhian's so called claims could stray Rhian from his new obsession. He'd already told everybody in Arbed House that he was the true heir to Camelot, but of course nobody believed him...Except for Kei at least. But Kei and Rhian were fools to believe that Rhian was somehow the lost King of Camelot and true heir to the throne.

Yet no matter how much the other students in Arbed House laughed at Rhian and Kei, Rhian would still go around with his friend making dreams of someday ruling Camelot as if it were even a possibility. It was only when Dean Burnhilde told Rhian and Kei to "quit their shenanigans," that the two would actually shut up.

But today was no exception for Kei and Rhian's imaginations to go wild as their minds turned to Camelot once more. They were laughing and blathering about going to Camelot like they always did, only causing Japeth's annoyance to grow into a raging inferno.