BONUS CHAPTER #5

~An Unlikely Bond~

PART 5- Goodbyes

SHIP: Jophie (Japeth/Sophie) and Japaric (Japeth/Aric)
SETTING: Takes place in Camelot in the dungeons where Tedros and Agatha are locked up.
SCENARIO: (A continuation of BONUS CHAPTER #4) After Aric's return, Sophie worries for her friends, Tedros and Agatha, who are locked up in Camelot's dungeons. Meanwhile, Aric still holds a grudge towards Sophie for the things she did to him back at school and the fears that Rhian had had about Aric before are finally confirmed. What will Aric do to Japeth's Queen after the way she hurt him at school? How will Agatha and Tedros react to Aric's return and Japeth's newfound powers? Will they forgive Sophie?
————-

"They'll come for us," Agatha's voice echoed against the murky brick walls of her cell.

"How do you know?" Tedros's voice lashed out, his tone hard. Chains rattled. "Sophie betrayed us. She married my worst enemy and now Japeth will take our heads in front of the whole woods. It's the same thing she did with Rafal!"

There was a deep sigh, and the sound of movement as Agatha edged closer to the boy next to her. "You're so hopeless," the black haired princess breathed, her shoulder touching Tedros's. Sudden tears glistened in Agatha's big brown eyes as if reaffirming her statement. "I'm sorry," she whispered, burying her nose into the crook of Tedros's shoulder. Tedros rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"No, it's my fault we're here," Tedros murmured. "If I hadn't been so consumed on making Japeth pay for all the horrible things he's done, I wouldn't have brought us here in the first place."

Agatha wiped her eyes, still clinging tight to her prince as if afraid to let him go just yet.

"I should've seen her about to spit on us like dirt," Agatha fretted. "Sophie chose love over us, like we once chose each other over her. She wanted to be Queen. Now, I guess she's got her wish. I can't believe I ever wanted to save her."

In the shadows, the snake watched them, hidden from their view. He saw them embrace and noticed the steely resolve in Tedros's expression as if the once future king of Camelot still held a grudge towards him.

Japeth knew that if he let Tedros and Agatha out of the dungeons, they would try to kill him. But they wouldn't succeed. Japeth, as the One True King, was immortal now. Nothing could hurt him.

Japeth felt a malicious smile play at his lips as he took in every inch of Tedros's face before studying Agatha's expression just as closely.

He took a step forward, and another, and another, until the shadows fell away and Tedros and Agatha spun at the same time, spooked by his sudden presence.

"Missed me?" Japeth asked, leering into the cell bars.

"Have you come to kill us now?" Agatha asked, her voice suddenly small, but Tedros was still strong held, his gaze burning a hole into Japeth's head.

"I told you that we could all go our Ssssseparate ways once I had Aric back  by my side," Japeth pointed out, drawing out his words like a Snake. "And now I've got everything I ever wanted, thanks to some of Sophie's help, I need to fulfill a promise I made."

"And what might that be?" Tedros sneered, his muscles bulging as he gripped the metal bars so hard his knuckles whitened.

"Sophie and I had a deal," Japeth told them. "She offered to help me get the final ring back if I promised not to hurt any of her friends, including the both of you. Since her task is complete, all I need is to fulfill my end of the bargain...You see, the woods wants you dead. And seeing as everybody thinks I'm Rhian, they expect me to execute you two. But, given my promise to your dear friend, I will let you go, as soon as I've taken care of this execution business first."