"So this is the girl you mentioned, Sasuke?"

[Name] felt uneasy as she was guided by the shoulders to who knew where. Halfway during the car journey, she had been blindfolded, and right now, she had no idea where she was. She focused on the arrival of the new voice; a sweet, feminine tone that flowed like silk, but at the same time, had a stinging edge to it which cut like a blade.

"Seiza," commanded Sasuke roughly, forcing the girl to her knees. She landed on a pillow with a soft thud, much to her surprise.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to speak to her alone," came the voice again, making [Name] itch with fear. Who was this lady? Should she be afraid?

"But-"

"No buts, Sasuke. I want to speak to her alone. Now out, all three of you."

Fleeting footsteps, the sound of a door being slid shut, and then silence. [Name] felt as if she were paling.

"... you are [Surname] [Name], am I correct?"

[Name] gulped nervously and bowed her head with a loud "Hai!"

"I want you to remove that ridiculous thing over your eyes, [Name]. I swear Sasuke takes far more precaution than needed."

[Name] nodded vigourously and lifted her hands to the back of her head, untying the knot that kept her blindfold secure. After a series of jittery and uncalculated movements, it finally slipped off and caught on the bridge of her nose.

[Name] tried her best not to gape when she saw her.

Mikoto Uchiha was a kind, serene looking woman with long black hair and the same onyx eyes as her sons. Dressed in an intricately patterned black kimono, her chest and right arm were fully exposed, giving [Name] a good view of the tattoos that adorned her creamy skin. [Name] tried not to have a fit: first Sakura, and now this? What was up with these women and their tattoos?

From the wrist up she saw a bunch of tattoos,; most prominently, a bright majestic dragon not unlike Sakura's spiralling its way up her arm. The right side of her chest, too, was heavily tattooed, making [Name] sweatdrop as she stared at Mikoto's skin. From the way she wore her kimono to the multiple tattoos on her body, Mikoto Uchiha already scared the living daylights out of [Name].

Seeing [Name] staring at her, Mikoto's lips turned up in a little smirk.

"Does it surprise you, [Name]?" she asked, intensely examining the girl. [Name] gulped. "Does it scare you?"

[Name] continued to stare at the woman's tattoos. The more she let it sink in, the more... normal, it seemed. After about two minutes of absorbing the fact that a woman as kind looking as Mikoto was covered with tattoos, [Name] finally managed to shake her head and breathe out an answer.

"Now that I look at it, no," she said softly, actually admiring the ink work. She could appreciate the intricacy of the whole thing; after all, she knew herself what it felt like to complete something as detailed and obscure as that. Mikoto nodded approvingly, and [Name] finally tore her eyes away from the woman to examine her surroundings. She sat on a cushion, facing the Uchiha matriarch. In between them sat a tray bearing a steaming hot teapot and two cups. [Name] glanced at the walls of the room; everything was shoji, completing the traditional vibe Mikoto was giving off.

"I'd firstly like to thank you," she said mindlessly, reaching forward to pour [Name] a cup of tea. "I'm sure if it wasn't for you, Sasuke wouldn't have gotten rid of that Haruno girl."

[Name] blinked as Mikoto put down the teapot and picked up one of the teacups, offering it to [Name] with both hands. The girl bowed her head and accepted it cordially.

"You're... welcome?" she squeaked, watching as Mikoto took her own teacup and drank from it.

"Secondly, I'd like to apologise," she added in a daunting voice, giving [Name] a dark look. "If it were up to me, I wouldn't have you here being treated as a captive. I'm afraid, however, that all responsibility for you lies in the hands of my son."

[Name] spluttered as she was taking a sip of her bitter tea.

"What?!"

Mikoto merely nodded as she took a sip from her own cup.

"This is Sasuke's business, therefore, I am automatically barred from interfering," she said in a dull voice, acting as if she weren't literally signing [Name]'s death warranty.

"But surely-!"

[Name] was cut off as the Uchiha raised her hand in the air, silencing the girl. She regarded [Name] with a look so reminiscent of Sasuke's that [Name] felt like crying. Why? She had no idea. It was just so mean.

"Sasuke does not interfere with my business, therefore I do not interfere with his," she said stoically, sitting up straight and regarding [Name] with a haughty look. "I can, however, offer you a few pieces of advice for whatever he may have planned for you. Firstly, never give in. Knowing Sasuke, he'll want to make you suffer as much as you can, but when you show weakness, he'll make it worse. So, do not give in. Secondly, don't turn into a Sakura. Just don't go there; I know he loathes girls like that. I didn't think he could do worse after he ditched that Yamanaka girl, but Sakura was just as horrid."

There was a pregnant pause and a horrified look on [Name]'s face as she awaited the final warning from the Uchiha mother. Mikoto sighed, and looked up at her with pitying eyes.

"Lastly. His favourite food is omusubi with tomatoes."

[Name] blinked.

"What?"

Mikoto smiled a little.

"[Name] [Surname], unlike Sasuke's previous targets, I actually like you," explained the matriarch, eyes twinkling with mischief. "I have a feeling you'll go far with him."

At the mention of his name, [Name]'s stomach once again dropped into a pit of misery, and she looked upon Mikoto with wide eyes.

"Now, any questions before I release you to be tormented by my son?" she asked brightly. [Name] spluttered.

"What's with the tattoos?!" she finally exclaimed, unable to think of anything else. Mikoto smiled.

"Once you get to know our family business better, you'll find out. Welcome to the headquarters of the Uchiha clan, [Name] . I know it won't be pleasant, but please enjoy your stay with us."

As [Name] soaked in the beaming Uchiha mother's words, she couldn't help but note how cruel she actually was.

She's every bit as heartless as Sasuke is.