十七

"What do you think of it so far?"

"I think your mum went overboard, these heels are killing me, and those guys over there have had way too much to drink." Sasuke, [Name], and Mei stood in a secluded corner of the grand ballroom where their engagement party was being held, trying their best not to draw any attention, especially since Mikoto had embarrassed the both of them in her announcement. [Name] also had the pleasure of meeting Sasuke's father, Fugaku Uchiha, for the first time. It was short, and little words were exchanged- he seemed like a stoic, strict kind of man, and judging by the way he left an hour into the celebration, [Name] could tell that he probably played a very distant part in his son's life.

"So, Mei, explain to me where these other friends of yours are?" asked Sasuke coolly, completely ignoring [Name] and turning his icy gaze on her innocent friend. Mei merely shrugged and took a sip from her glass of sparkling apple cider, looking just as uninterested as him and [Name].

"Don't know, don't care. Haven't seen or heard from Emi since the day you first called, and Fuyu was pretty reluctant to turn up to a party full of yakuza," Mei said, in turn completely bypassing Sasuke and directing her answer at [Name], who nodded.

"Emi's that mad, huh?"

"Yeah."

[Name] sighed; it couldn't be helped. Oh well.

"Say, Sasuke, do you maybe happen to have a crush on my [Name]?" asked Mei cheekily, putting a friendly arm around [Name]'s waist. Mei was dressed in a sleek, long black dress with thin spaghetti straps and a plunging collar, while [Name] herself was in a silky, vertically half black and half cream strapless gown which went in at her waist and out from the skirt, accentuating her upper body curves. Sasuke snorted and rolled his eyes at Mei.

"Your [Name]? And as a matter of fact, I do not," he said pompously, turning his nose in the air. [Name] giggled and put her own arm around Mei's waist, grinning up at Sasuke.

"It's okay, she's knows this is only business," [Name] said cheekily, exchanging amused glances with Mei as they stood shoulder to shoulder. Sasuke narrowed his eyes at them, but didn't say anything. The two began blabbering on about what any other pair of teenage girls would, and watched as they shared giggles and jokes. For a little while, he felt excluded, but didn't dare to interrupt them. After seeing what [Name] did to Shisui after their first night together, he didn't want to annoy her at all for fear of receiving the same, or harsher, punishment.

"Yoooooo...! Sasuke, my man, it's good to see you!" Any thoughts of exclusion Sasuke had had were knocked out of his mind as a rough figure put their arm around his shoulders, patting him as they did so.

"Deidara," said the Uchiha curtly, nodding at one of his older brother's friends. Deidara, a blonde beauty with eyes as blue as the sea, was flanked by an auburn haired man by the name of Sasori, and a silver haired man by the name of Hidan. They were a part of the Akatsuki, a fledgling gang that was an ally of the Uchiha through Itachi, meaning Mikoto obviously had to invite them. After all, she believed in "the more, the merrier." Deidara peeked over Sasuke's shoulder at [Name], who was still in deep conversation with Mei. Although she ignored his presence, she could hear everything he said, but tried to avoid talking to him. After all, she couldn't trust anyone in this building, considering they were all yakuza members undergoing illicit and illegal activities which could probably get them arrested.

"Which one's yours?" squinted Deidara, deducing which of the two girls belonged to Sasuke. "The first ones got nice boobs and a fat ass, but the second one's slim as fuck. Hmm."

"The curvy one," said Sasuke loudly, just enough for [Name] to turn her head in their direction out of curiosity. Deidara chuckled, and behind him, Hidan sidled up to Sasuke's side.