十四

"[NAME] AND SASUKE DID THE DIRTY! [NAME] AND SASUKE DID THE DIRTY!!!!"

Sasuke was violently jolted awake by the sound of Shisui's voice screaming in his ear. Annoyed, he looked up to see his cousin who still had his arms outstretched, holding back the bed curtains. He was also aware of the fact that a stirring [Name] was sitting up, shaking his arms off of her. He let out a small yelp and instantly sat up, pulling the bedsheets around himself as he realised that he'd been holding on to [Name] for possibly the entire night.

"You guys are such- OH MY GOD!" Shisui's voice was a scream as the once sleepy [Name] pounced on him with a pillow in her hand, knocking him to the ground. They landed with a loud thud, and Sasuke could hear Shisui having the crap beaten out of him.

"[Name]-! Argh, [Name], st- SASUKE, CONTROL YOUR BEAST!!!" Sasuke got out of bed to see [Name] straddling Shisui, who lay face up with his arms covering his head in defence as [Name] beat the pillow down on to him, puncturing every blow with a small grunt of annoyance. Initially, Sasuke found the sight amusing, and even found the time to take a photo, but it wasn't until he realised the position that they were in that he began feeling a little... uncomfortable.

"[Name]-" Sasuke bent down and placed his hands underneath [Name]'s arms, pulling to her feet. Just as Shisui sat up, muttering evilly as he glared at [Name], [Name] lashed out with a kick to his face, making him scream in pain as her foot collided with his nose.

"[Name]!" shouted Sasuke as the girl writhed in his grip, making the two of them fall backwards onto the bed. She landed on his chest, and through that contact Sasuke could feel her breathing, which was harsh and heavy. He could tell that she was very upset.

"Fucking hell, you can keep that crazy bitch!" cried Shisui as he rose to his feet, clutching his nose. "Fuck!" With one last glare at [Name], he turned his back and stormed away, a thundercloud trailing over his head as he did so. [Name] gingerly got off of Sasuke, and sat on the bed, quiet and composed. The Uchiha sat beside her, wondering what to do.

"So..." Is she on her period, maybe? [Name] looked sharply at Sasuke as soon as he began talking, instantly shutting him up.

"Sasuke, I don't want to marry you, let alone share the same room as you," she said, a rather bland look on her face. For some reason, Sasuke's heart dropped, and he started criticising himself for feeling so heartbroken about a girl he didn't even like. Clearing his thoughts, he raised an eyebrow at [Name] and tried putting on a cool façade.

"[Name], if I had my way, I would've banished you from my sight long ago," he said coldly, regarding her with a piercing look. She seemed impervious to it, and replied with a look just as cruel as his own.

"It's not fair, Sasuke," she began waspishly. "Why do I have to give up my entire life just because of something your mother says? Why should I have to sacrifice my family, future and studies just because some woman wants me to marry her brat of a son? Why couldn't it be some other girl's life you ruined, huh, Sasuke? No, actually- why did you have to be such a dick in the first place? If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't even have met Mikoto in the first place! Just- it's not fair!"

"What's so bad about marrying me, huh?" exclaimed Sasuke hotly, glaring at [Name]. With a scowl, she responded, "Everything! You're a jerk, and my life will probably be a living hell for as long as we're together!"

"You don't know that! For all you know, us being married could be the best thing that's ever happened to you, to us!" Sasuke rose to his feet, nostrils flaring as he looked down at [Name]. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before looking up at him with a forced calm look on her face.

"For someone so against us getting married, you're making it sound as if we'd be a match made in heaven," said [Name] through gritted teeth, eyes sending rays of hate at Sasuke. "Why are you so bipolar, Sasuke?"

"Me, bipolar? How about you, huh? Why are you so against us getting married, but at the same time, you're dead set on convincing your family that it'll be the most amazing thing that's ever happened? You're such a hypocrite!"

"I don't have a choice, Sasuke!" yelled [Name], leaping to her feet and glaring upwards at the Uchiha. "My family are at risk here! I'm not selfish enough to sacrifice their lives all because of my actions! How do you think I feel, Sasuke?! None of them are happy about it, but I have to try and make them happy about it so that they won't get hurt! Do you know how much pain I have to go through, trying to protect people who don't even respect me anymore?! Do you?!"

"No?" said Sasuke curiously, lowering his volume while watching anxiously as [Name] began pulling at her hair, tears beginning to well in her eyes. It took her a few minutes to recompose herself, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand as she opened her mouth and tried to speak in a croaky voice. Her throat burning with tears, [Name] managed to say, "Do you know how much it hurts, trying to protect a family who's given up on you?"

"[Name]..." Sasuke's voice became soothing and calm in an instant as the sight of [Name] on the verge of bursting into a fit of tears shut him up. She shook her head, still trying to clear her thoughts.

"Sasuke, my own mother told me to get out of her house and never come back," said [Name] in a soft voice. "She literally called me a slut, and the worst thing that's ever happened to her. I've been disowned, Sasuke. My own mother hates me, and now, I'm probably never going to see my father or my sisters ever again. Do you know how much that hurts?" [Name] buried her face in her palms, shaking her head as she tried to process everything her mother had said to her the previous night. It all hurt so much to know that her own mother could do that. Her own mother.

"[Name], I'm... sorry..." [Name] shook her head even more, sitting on the bed.

"I'm done, Sasuke," she croaked. "I have no where to go. It's all over."

"We're still getting married, you know," said Sasuke gently, sitting beside [Name]. She shook her head, forcing a smile onto her face.

"I still fucking hate you, Uchiha," she hiccuped, making Sasuke grin a little. Tentatively, he lifted his arm and placed it around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. Much to his relief, she didn't protest at all.

"I know. That doesn't change the fact that I'm the only one who can help you now."

[Name] sighed as she closed her eyes, leaning into Sasuke. He felt his breath hitch, and awkwardly adjusted to [Name]'s slight figure resting against him, letting out a little breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding in.

"[Name] Uchiha," he finally said.

"Ew." They both laughed at the same time, for some reason, and even though they seemed to be the worst enemies on Earth, at the same time, the chemistry couldn't have been better.

Itachi smiled to himself as he stood at the foot of the stairs, eavesdropping on every word that had been thrown between the two. With a final sigh of pleasure, Itachi turned his back, and hummed happily to himself as he marched out of Sasuke's room. Shisui obviously hadn't delivered the message that Mikoto wanted [Name] and Sasuke to join her for breakfast, but after Itachi told her about what they'd been doing, she'd have no choice but to let it go.