Chapter Trois

Alex's POV

It's lunchtime. Hooray.

The first three classes of the day weren't terrible, but they weren't fantastic either. I met a kid in my Home Economics class named Hercules- he really likes sewing, apparently.

He was a darker skinned male, much more on the toned side than John was. He had short, fluffy hair and a red bandana. His eyes were a soft brown, completely contradicting almost everything about him. He had a nice smile as well, although I personally didn't find him as attractive as John had been.

That was second period. Let's backtrack a little.

My first class of the day was US History, which actually isn't terrible. I'm really interested in stuff like that and plan on becoming either a history teacher or a historian.

When I got to class, I bumped into what I thought was the door but soon realized was a person. A really tall, really hot person.

No, not John.

He had brown, curly hair that looked so soft- I just wanted to touch it. His skin was a light mocha color that matched his chocolate-brown eyes. He had slightly more muscle than John and looked to be a little bit taller than said man.

"What the fuck was that?" I heard him mumble, turning around and looking right over my damn head. Rude.

"Uh- it was me... Alex Hamilton- really sorry, by the way," I mumbled sheepishly, introducing myself. His eyes met mine, a look of disgust crossing his features.

"Jesus Christ," he mumbled, glancing at a much shorter kid next to him. "Is that a fucking gremlin?"

"No?" I replied, confused and a little insulted. "I'm a 15-year-old!" I exclaimed.

"Whatever..." he mumbled, turning to face his friend again. "Just no one feed that fucking thing after midnight..."

Did... did he just call me a "thing"?

This bitch-

"Thomas, you don't have to be so rude," the small man spoke up, coughing into his sleeve. "It was an accident."

The taller man- Thomas- rolled his eyes. "No one asked you, James."

I glanced at the other one- James. He was short- just slightly taller than me. He had short curly hair, along with a grey sweater and a pair of jeans- like my outfit, only his sweater was definitely oversized. It looked like it would fit Thomas perfectly.

I saw tears fill his eyes as he looked away, "Sorry..." James mumbled. Thomas seemed to go stiff.

"Wait... no... I didn't- I just- I didn't mean it like that," he finally decided.

Slipping past the two as they continued a more hushed conversation, I took a seat at the front of the class as the teacher walked in.

"Good morning, everyone- I'm your new history teacher. You may call me-"

"George?" I cut my adoptive father off, staring in disbelief.

"No, I was going to say Mr. Washington, but- Alex?" He paused. "I didn't know you were taking US History this year..."

"I didn't know you were teaching it," I replied.

He sighed, "Well now that that's out in the open, this is my adopted daughter-" I cringed as he said 'daughter' "-Alex. Anyway,"

And just like that, the lecture on Do's and Don'ts began.

•••••

Back to lunchtime:

I entered the cafeteria quietly, hoping to avoid any curious eyes or conversations.

Suddenly, someone approached me. Great.

"Excuse me," she smiled. "I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me and my sisters for lunch?" She asked, bouncing on the balls of her heels. The girl pointed to a table with two other girls, one in blue and the other in pink.

The girl in front of me stood still, patiently waiting for my response. She had short brown hair that went down to her chin. It was curly, so its actual length was probably between her chin and shoulder. She was wearing a yellow tank top and jean shorts, along with black flip flops. Her nails were painted a summery yellow, as well as her toes. She had a phone in her hand, the phone case being light blue with a pineapple in the center. I nodded.

"Uh- why not?" I responded, shrugging and following her to the table.

"Lizzie! Angie!" She exclaimed, drawing the girls' attention. "I made a new friend! This is... uh..." she turned to me.

"Oh- I'm Alex."

"This is Alex!" The girl in pink smiled.

"Hey- I'm Angelica, but everyone calls me Angie." I smiled, racking my brain for nicknames other than 'Angie' that went with her name. The second girl- the one in blue- smiled as well.

"And I'm Elizabeth- I go by Eliza, though." Again, I smiled, nodding in understanding.

"It's nice to meet you both." The girl in yellow sighed dramatically.

"You guys never let me introduce myself first!" She exclaimed. "I'm Margarita, but I go by Peggy- if you ever call me Margarita, I will find you and kill you in your sleep." She smiled.

I nodded rapidly, sitting next to Eliza as Peggy walked around the table and seated herself next to Angelica.

Welp. This is happening.

•••••

Word count is 851
I have no other words other than I'm sorry I've been inactive- have a great day/night, guys! More updates will happen over the summer- baiiiiiii