Chapter Seize

Settle in everyone- a bit o' lams in this chapter. Well more than a bit but you get the point-

•••••

Thursday; 8:14 am

I took my seat at my desk in my first-period class, sighing and pulling out a book. I was early almost every day- except the days I didn't feel like being early.

I looked over the cover of my book- The Gravity of Us. I smile. The two boys on the cover look so happy together. Maybe I'll be happy with someone one day.

It can't hurt to dream.

I opened the book to my place and read until the bell rang and students began pouring into the classroom. I waited for Thomas and John to come through the door- this was the only class John and I had together, so naturally, I was hoping to see him before lunch.

But, only Thomas came in. He waved and took his seat in front of me.

I leaned forward. "Where's John? Are you two still fighting?"

"No actually- he called me last night after I texted you. We talked about some stuff," Thomas hummed, turning slightly to look at me. "He's sick. Caught a cold I think."

"Oh, poor Johnny- is anyone there to take care of him?"

"Nah- his parents are out of town. I'd go over after school but he told me not to miss practice," a half frown appeared on the taller male's face.

"Oh- well- I could go?" I suggested. "I don't have anything going on after school."

Thomas hesitated, "You don't have to do that-"

"I know I don't. I want to. John's my best friend." I almost cringed. Friend zoned myself right there.

"Yeah- you're right. Okay. I'll text you his address before practice."

"Thanks, Thomas- you're the best," I gave him a light nudge. With my fist. In his shoulder. A friendly punch, essentially.

•••••

{Thomas}

[169 Farmlake Drive]

I almost didn't know what that meant until I remembered I had asked for John's address.

[TYSM!!]

I walked to George's class and knocked on the door. James was already there. "Heyyyyy- I was wondering if you could drop me off somewhere?" I asked sweetly.

"Where?" Hummed my father, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"My friend's house- I want to hang out with him for a bit." If he knew that John was sick, I definitely wouldn't be allowed to go. The Washingtons have a thing about germs.

"Alright. James can take you after we get home."

"Aw, what?" James sighed.

"Thank you!" I smiled, walking to the car with my brother and dad.

"Shotgun!" We both exclaimed, running the rest of the way to get to the front seat in time. James opened the door and I threw myself into the seat before he got the chance to even finish opening the door.

"Hah! Suck my non-existent dick!"

"Language," George scolded me. "James- into the back."