Chapter Sept

Okay so texting is different now- anything in these {__} is the person's user ID in Alex's phone. His texts are to the right-hand side, other person's are to the left-hand side(aka the side where all other text is). Text messages are in these things [__]

That's about it- enjoy the chapter!

•••••

Once Eliza parked her car, she hopped out with the most excited smile on her face. "Oh, this is going to be so much fun! Shopping with my little sister and my new bestie!" She practically squealed, clapping her hands excitedly.

I chuckled as I stepped out of the car, shaking my head, "Hold your horses, now." I teased, patting the top of her head. "We've barely known each other for more than a week and now we're besties?" I joked with a smile.

In all honesty, these girls already felt like my family. Like they could be a significant part of my life.

Eliza giggled softly with a smile, "Of course we are! You're so funny sometimes, Alex."

"I wouldn't say I'm funny," I laugh, rubbing the back of my neck. "I'm not all that special..."

Peggy suddenly stepped in front of me, poking my stomach, "Hey. I will physically fight you."

Eliza sighed, "No fighting people, please."

"No one disrespects my child like that!"

"Okay," I began, patting Peggy's back and resting my free hand on Liz's shoulder. "That's enough of that! Who wants to go inside and buy things?"

Both girls' eyes lit up at that. "Me!" They exclaimed at the same time.

I almost snorted, "Alright, then- let's go do that instead of bickering back and forth." I smile, walking them inside and sighing.

Shopping hasn't ever really been my thing. I don't like looking at all of the girly stuff- it's not like I'm shopping for someone else. It's all for me. Even though it feels foreign and unknown.

"Ooh! There!" Peggy exclaimed, pointing to a store and dragging me by the arm inside, Eliza trailing behind us. She immediately began sifting through the different items and outfits hanging on the racks and sitting on shelves.

Eliza just seemed to be wandering aimlessly, a few things catching her eye but nothing too great.

I, on the other hand, stood against a wall. I had no interest in shopping here or anywhere that sold clothing for women, as a matter of fact.

I simply watched as Peggy and Eliza did their thing, pulling out my phone and seeing a few missed texts from John and one from Martha.

I checked hers first.

{Martha}

[Where are you, dear? Dinner starts at six.]

I sigh. She always punctuates her messages- college formatted sometimes, too. Shooting her a quick text, I check the ones I missed from John.

{Freckles}

[What happened? Why'd you cancel?]

[Seriously Alex- I'm getting worried]

[If you're not at school on Monday I'm calling the police]

I almost laughed at that. Just goes to show he cares.

[Relax you dork- I'm fine just couldn't make it to the thing]

When I don't get a response, I simply continued staring into space, checking my Tumblr occasionally and scrolling through Twitter.