Chapter 17: Turf War

The next day
Your P.O.V.
You waited on the street anxiously. The snow was falling lightly, landing on your trenchcoat and hood as you waited there. Batgirl and Robin advised against this, but you ignored them. They didn't know what you did, who you contacted, or even why you were still helping them. They, after all, broke into your house and tried to kidnap you. But you knew that people like these were just doing the right thing, you just wanted to be left alone with Selina. There's more damage, however, when the heroes are around. The main reason you became a villain: not for money or fame. But to get the heroes out. They just brought conflict and competition hoping to win their stupid dick measuring contest. It was pointless and only caused chaos. Heroes just didn't have the spine to kill someone.

After a few minutes, a van showed up in front of you. It used to belong to the police as you saw a Two-Face thug in the driver's seat. After the police van stopped, what seemed like an army of goons swarmed out of the back like clowns exiting a car. About ten or so goons aimed a gun of some sort at you, as Two-Face strutted out of the back of the van. He was rolling a coin across his right knuckles and his left hand was twitching as it was near his holster.

"So, you're the one who called us here (L/N) eh?" Dent spoke with smoke fuming from his mouth thanks to his cigar. You stood there, unmoved, and nodded your head. Two-Face moved a little closer and blew some cigar smoke on your face. Still, unmoved, you started saying something in Latin "Rursus nunc."

Two-Face then aimed a gun at your head and spoke aloud "Hear that boys! (He's/She's) praying to God. Let's have (him/her) meet him." "Not going to ask what I said?" You countered. Dent asked "Okay then, what did you say?" You looked at Two-Face dead in his screwed up eyes and said "Strike now."

It was then that a large bang was heard. It wasn't an explosion, no, more rather a shot from a large caliber weapon: a sniper rifle. Two-Face jumped back at the sound and looked around to see one of his men dead from a shot to the head. Two-Face then aimed his gun at you, ready to pull the trigger without flipping a coin, and then his gun was shot out of his hand. Dent yelped in pain as he recoiled backwards. You then quickly grabbed your gun and shot two of Dent's men while going for cover. Bullets were flying past your face while you were running for cover. Dent recovered from the pain and grabbed his second gun, will full intent on killing you. However, the sniper had other ideas, and shot Dent in his left shoulder; rendering his left arm numb. Some Dent's men started to run when they saw backup: Oswald.

Oswald was no fan of Dent, even though they teamed up on the night Batman died. After Oswald's change of heart he decided to cut ties with Dent, so you could imagine Dent's surprise when Oswald rolled up with a machine gun. "This is fo' all those years of fussin up my business you half assed wanka!" Oswald shouted before pulling the trigger with the intention to empty the clip. Dent's men came back with more guns and ammo, hoping to stop Oswald's maddening fire. "Why the fuck is he here!?" one of Dent's men yelled, causing another to jump and get caught in the crossfire. You walked back to Oswald and asked "You still got the Ex-Wife?" Oswald chuckled and said "Van's on it's way, it's got all yer ol' toys."

Sullivan's P.O.V.
Driving drunk wasn't exactly irregular for me or even Sam, but we were doing it. We're driving drunk in an armored vehicle filled with bombs, missiles, grenades, weapons, and incendiary devices. "Red light!" I yelled "No, that's blue." Sam retorted "Gimme the wheel!" "I'm holding a wheel?" "Pedestrian!" "It's their fault for having legs." Then there was a thump. Our vehicle skidded to a halt, I looked over at Sam and yelled "Get in the back! And don't touch anything!" Sam climbed over the seat and a thud was heard afterward, followed by some snoring. I started to drive away from the pedestrian that Sam just ran over, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a green hat with a question mark. I stopped the vehicle and backed up "They can wait just one minute." I said as I opened the door and approached the Riddler who now had his legs crushed. "Help me." he begged as I grabbed his hair and looked in his eyes "This is for all those useless fucking trophies all over Gotham you right fucking bellend!" What followed next........ I'll let you decide.

Your P.O.V.
You saw the van skid up to you and you thought to yourself 'He let Sam drive, didn't he?' The back door burst open and Sam flopped through the door and fell flat on his face. "Sorry we're late, we found a yapper who wouldn't shut his trap." Sullivan exclaimed happily as he prominently displayed Riddler's bloodied hat on his head. Oswald was almost out of bullets, but the vehicle changed that. You hopped in and grabbed more machine gun ammo and your special item. You placed the ammo next to Oswald and loaded the Ex-Wife, a TBG-29V missile. You loaded it into the RPG as Dent went to peer over what little cover he had, the look on his face was priceless as you aimed a Vampir RPG at his crew. A scream was heard from the other side as you pulled the trigger. Dent scurried away from the incoming missile, his men weren't so lucky as the missile struck the car and exploded. With his men running you walked towards the car and picked up Dent's coin, charred on one side and perfect on the other. As you looked at it, Oswald put the machine gun down as it had run out of bullets and jumped in the back of the van. He was about to drive away until you heard a click and felt a gun press against your head.

Sullivan grabbed his brother as Oswald went to reach for a gun. You knew it was Dent but you decided to have your sniper finish the job. You faced Dent, who yelled "You killed my men! Now I put a bullet in your head!" "Not the brightest idea." you spoke calmly. Dent scoffed "Do you think your sniper can get me from behind you?" "A standard one wouldn't yes......but Mr. Lawton isn't exactly standard." you said smiling. Dent's expression became shocked, until a shot was heard. Dent lowered his gun as blood started to cover his face. He fell on his knees and flopped to the side. "You can go now Oswald." "We'll round up the rest of Dent's men. Who knows, maybe we'll recruit some for protection." Oswald guffawed as Sullivan drove off.

Looking on at the corpse of Harvey Dent you sat and waited for Lawton to show up beside you. He walked up beside you after a while, sniper in hand "Latin, really?" he spoke with a hint of annoyance. "What better than a dead language to confuse a dead man." you said with Lawton getting a chuckle. You turned to him "We're even now Lawton. I break you out, you kill someone. As per our agreement." you stated as Lawton nodded. "So what will you do now?" you questioned. "Dunno, been a while since I've been a free man. I might just retire, do what Batman did and find a replacement." "Replacement? Oh, that phantom rumor that's going around." you scoffed. Lawton walked away as only two words left his mouth "What rumors?" You stood in your tracks, slight paranoia shrouding your mind that you quickly tried to ease.

You looked around on the bloodbath as you quickly regained your senses and called Selina. No answer. You advised yourself against calling again as she might be in the middle of something that requires stealth. As you started to walk back to the centre of Gotham you saw someone approach you, you could tell that they were male and very weak from the way they were limping. You could hear his raggedy breathing and a faint clinking that confused you slightly. Your worry and confusion quickly turned to anger and pain as you saw who it was as he limped under the dim street lights: Jonathan Crane, the Scarecrow.

A/N: As a personal Authors Note I might stop making A/N's in future books as to keep things to a minimum. However I do hope you enjoyed this chapter and another will arrive soon. I don't know when as even I'm unsure. You have a good day/night. :)