Chapter 12 The painful truth

You can't be serious. Javier, you seriously can't be serious!

Alex was not in my side. I know that damn well. He had completely gone on Night Blue's side.

I choose what I think is true.

The other wolves all stared at me in disbelief. All their thoughts started to come into my head. They were filled hurt and sadness. But slowly, they turned to anger and hatred at me.

I tried my best to hide the ache in my heart.

"Son.." Drake whispered.

"You and I are going to have a long chat after this." I glared at him.

He bit his lip and we all fled from the territory.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Italy... Back here..

"J!"

"J! You're back!"

Blake and Mila came running at me and pushed me down.

I laughed.

"We missed you so so so much! We were afraid something had happened to you!" Mila cried.

"Hey, don't cry. I'm back aren't I?"

Their presence was what made me relief that I didn't choose the wrong decision.

"Kids, I need a chat with Javier. " Drake coughed.

"Pfft." They mumbled and left.

"They missed you you know." Drake sighed.

"Stop. Tell me, tell me everything. "

"I suppose it's time. "

We settled down.

"Yes, my wife was killed by your biological mother. Scarlett Greene. "

God..

"Yes, I used you to help me get revenge on them. When you and your sister was born-"

"Wait. Sister?"

"Sandra Greene."

"What?!"

"Yes. I ordered a kidnap for the both of you because only one of you had the golden eyes. I just didn't know who. The twin who had the golden eyes was the only one who can kill Scarlett. And it was luck that it was you and not Sandra. "

Jesus..

"I left you at your adoptive parents home because I wanted to inspect you. Not as a wolf or killer, but you. Your personality. And you were naturally broken. So our meet at the underground wasn't a coincidence. It was on purpose. I took you in and trained you, making you one of us. But what if didn't expect, was that I loved you. Not as an ally, but as a son. A real son."

"What..."

"I couldn't imagine what they would do. Sure you can defeat them, but I was afraid after they told you everything, you would go to their side. Losing you is much more hurtful than my revenge."

"What about my adoptive parents."

"They died. Because of me."

"Huh, so everything they said was true. I knew it.."

"Javier, you have to understand! Yes I once used you, but you are my son! I took care of you!"

"That doesn't give you the bloody excuse to lie to me! All these years, I thought of you as my father. A role model. When I should've stayed clear away from you. How could you use me?! To kill my own birth mother?!"

"Javier! They killed my wife!"

"Then get your own fucking revenge! I thought this gang was my home. A place I would feel safe. When this should be the place I should get away!"

"You think I don't want to? You think I haven't tried killing her? My wife's death has made my life a living hell!"

"Serves your wife right for insulting my grandmother."

"Your.. grandmother?"

"That's my mom's mother! "

"You..you respect her?!"

"Yes. At least she's worth respecting. You? You are worth nothing. I pity Blake and Mila for having a disgusting father like you."

And I left the room. He's despicable. Using me like that. He has no heart. His hatred was dangerous. 

He was nothing in my eyes. At least not anymore...

I guess I know where I stand now. It's time to make things right.

Drake's POV

Man I thought his loyalty to me was much stronger than that. Looks like I'm wrong.

Scarlett Greene, you have ruined everything for me!

You took my wife, my pack and now my son! Horrible. What a horrible woman you are...

Just you wait.. you'll see how I felt in a week. Just wait Scarlett, just you wait.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Javier's POV

I stayed at a motel for a week, trying to clear up everything that happened recently. And that 1 week, was very peaceful for me. No one was disturbing me and I enjoyed the quietness. But, I knew it would have to end someday or another.

I had to return to America. I have to ask for forgiveness. That's what I need to do. And then, I'll stay there. And protect them. But, will they accept me? After what I have done?