Chapter one:

"The images in my mind are still raw."She told the doctor. "I see him every night when I sleep. I see his cheque,I see his face,I see his desperation to leave me and I can't forget." Her hands shook on her thighs as she tried to contain her anger and detest towards the one man that ruined her childhood moments severely. "He makes me feel so angry I want to tear myself apart." The tears that were before warning to fall,fell. That made her feel weak and vulnerable.

Doctor Brown frustrated and in despair stopped taking notes and focused on the 18 year old before her. Strands of long brown hair fell down and hid the sides of her face but Sarah  could tell she was crying from the way her body shook and the killer grip she had in her chair that made her knuckles turn almost as white as snow. DEEP anger was eating her away and that would lead to unwise decisions.

"Mia..." she started slowly. "Does your mother know about this?" She shook her head no. "Where is she currently?"
"She is out of town. Business and all." As usual.
A short silence prevailed before Mia spoke again.
"I don't want her to know about this. I don't want her to know that I am going through this again." She cried cupping her face in  her palms. Dr. Brown stood up and walked round her table towards her and embraced her.

"Mia,we have to tell her. She has the right to know as your mother. "
"No please don't. "
"As your doctor I think it's safer and wiser if she knew."

Suddenly,She pulled out of the doctor's motherly hug.

"Why? You think I'll try to commit suicide again?" She furiously put back a strand of hair. "You think i am suicidal now?"
"No,no. I didn't say that." She tried to reach to Mia but she jerked away.
"But you were heading there." She said in a small voice almost possible to miss.
"Mia... I am just concerned about you."

Mia looked at the chocolate brown doctor whom she had know to be more than just a mentor but a friend. A person she could talk to freely and not worry about being judged or considered weird. Sometimes she wished Sarah (Dr. Brown) was her mother because she was often more concerned than her biological mother would be. Which hurt her but she had learnt to bear with it and carry it around.

A pain that demanded to be felt.

Being Mia's doctor since she was ten and now that she was a fully grown 18 year old Sarah Maxwell Brown had become closely acquainted to this beautiful and strong girl that she was no longer just a patient. She had become a friend...and maybe a daughter too. Being a mother of 3 boys she had always wished to have a daughter of her own and getting to be around Mia so much almost made her feel like she had one already.

Only a lot of shades lighter. With lots of brown hair and a striking pair of green eyes that she loved to conceal.

"If you want me to be well then don't tell my mom. If she finds out that I am seeing you again she will panic and she will start treating me like I am seriously ill. And that will eventually drive me insane." She then reached out and took the doctor's hand in hers. "And i want a normal sane life. As hard as it is,I am tryna my best to fight this depression shit. So please don't tell her. It might as hell be the last time you are seeing me again." The prickly tears formed at the corners of her eyes again. She could feel them. But she did not want to let them fall.

"Strong girls don't cry sweety. Strong girls man up and face situations like big bad cats." Her dad would say that and it would always encourage her and make her feel better. The big bad cats part though.

Sarah looked at Mia's face and directly knew what she meant.

"I am not gonna tell her Mia." She hugged her again. "Mia." Miami looked up and gave Sarah one of her best gleeful smiles.