12 (CIX BAE JINYOUNG)

'N E W S O N G'

_____&_____&_____&_____&_____&_____

"So Sienna, are you gonna sign up for the music festival?" My best friend asked me while we're eating lunch underneath the sycamore tree.

That's where we would usually eat lunch or hang out during dispensation. Well at least when it wasn't raining outside, but even then we would stand there underneath the tree with an umbrella.

This spot was really our spot it has been for at least 3 years.

"Hmm, I'd rather not. Singing isn't really my thing." I said and looked at the boy who is sitting next to me while eating his sandwich and resting his back against the tree.

"Excuse you? You're probably a better singer than anyone in this school will ever be." He tried to make a point but we all know it was just a big fat lie.

"What! Are crazy I sound like a dying cat when I sing." I couldn't help but laugh thinking of myself on a stage singing in front of the whole school, that's just something I don't want to do ever again.

"Sienna you should stop being so pessimistic about yourself, you have an amazing voice. You could really win this year, just believe in yourself. And even if you don't I got your back." He assured me but I wouldn't want to go through that again.

I participated in the contest 2 years ago and ended up shocking on stage, no matter how hard I tried no words were coming out. Ever since then people laugh ed at me if I even tried to sing one word during vocal class.

"No I won't do it and besides it's in 1 month, I don't even have a song let alone a choreography to it. Why don't you just try and participate in the contest?" He starred at me with big puppy eyes and a huge smile appeared on his face. And it scared me.

"What are you thinking?" I asked confused and leaned further away from him, his smile grew even wider.

"Let's make a deal. If I participate in the music festival contest," He started his packed I just nodded along.

"You have to participate too." He held out his hand for me to shake but I just blew it off and pushed it away.

"Read my lips,
N E V E R,
G O N N A,
H A P P E N."

He shook his head.
"Well it's your loss, then I'll go to Paris with Lai." I was flabbergasted, I couldn't believe my ears.

"What did you just say?!" I was so confused but of course, he just thought I was being funny as always.

"Oh you heard me right, I'm going to Paris with Lai." He stood up and brushed his pants off because the lunch break was almost over.

"WHY? WHEN? PARIS? HOW?~" I was so confused.

"Haven't you heard, the winner of this year's contest will get a vacation to Paris all in for two people ten days long. Isn't that amazing. But since you don't want to participate I'll go with someone else."

Did is hear that right?
Paris for ten days?
Music festival here I come!

"Oh you ain't going anywhere without me, I'm in!" I had a little adrenaline kick, but you know I'd do anything to go to Paris with my best friend.

"Are you serious Sienna?" He asked and hugged me really tight. It felt good to hug him maybe a little too good. No, it's probably nothing.

"I mean anything for my best friend right." I hugged him back even tighter.

"Thank you Piglet. Hope you don't disappoint me." He released the hug and had a huge smirk on his face.

This guy really what's his deal?