23

‼️this chapter contains mentions and descriptions of abuse‼️

PENELOPE'S POV

"..I've heard that you have gotten and become famous. That's fun for you, I'm happy for you. I Just wanted to say that I really miss you. And I can't believe that I have been such a meany to you, your my daughter and I truly love you. I just want to forgive you for everything that I have done to you. I know that it will never be enough but now you know that I'm not like I once was. If you ever want to meet me again, I would be delighted.

-Lots of love Dad"

Harry read it in a cold voice, with no emotion whatsoever.

ZAYN'S POV

I held Penelope tight in my arms as Harry read the letter. How dare he even try to apologies after the thing he did.

When Harry was done reading I could feel the shaking little precious girl in my arms.

"Are you alright Penelope?" I asked as I turned her around so she was facing me.

But she didn't answer she just cried, she cried calmly but still hectic somehow.

"Penelope.." Louis said as he wiped away some tears, but it was no help when it only came more.

"Please tell us how you feel baby. I know it's hard but it will feel better if you talk about it" Harry said.

"C-c-c-a-a-n, w-e-e-e w-a-a-a-i-t a l-i-ttle?" She cried out.

"Of course, of course" Louis said.

Penelope tilted her head so she was resting her head on my chest and I just hugged her tighter. She sniffled here and there as she got my shirt all wet, but hey, we'll at least have matching t-shirts then, with the big milk stain on her jumper.

After about ten minuets Penelope rose her self up from my chest.

"You ready?" Niall asked.

"yeah" She said.

"So tell us, why are you sad?" Harry asked.

"I'm scared" She said with tears in her eyes ready to spill any second.

"Of what?" Liam asked.

"Of my dad. I don't want to meet him again. He will hurt me" Penelope said.

Harry walked closer to me and Penelope.

"Penelope?" Harry said when he had full eye contact with her.

"Yeah"

"Remember what I said on the swing before?"

"Yeah"

"Do you remember that I said that you don't have to be scared and that if your brave and believe in yourself it will be a lot less scary?" Harry said to her.

"Yeah, I remember that" She said.

"And that I said that I wouldn't in any world let you fall?" Harry said.

"Yeah"

"And that I will be by your side all the time. We all will be"

She nodded.

"Could you remember that for me? For the rest of your life?"

"Okay" She said.

"Penelope, you must know that we will protect you and we will never let anyone hurt you, okay?" Harry said.

"Yeah I know that" She said as a single tear sled down her cheek.

"Good then no more crying?" Niall said.