Homeless.

Dennise's

"Hello Den? Where are you? You've been gone for a couple of days. I called Ly and even she doesn't know where you are."

"Don't worry, Ells. I'm currently driving to a local jeweler here in Baguio to pick something up. This is my last stop."

I hear Ella, my bestfriend, let out a heavy sigh. I know she knows.

"Okay, Sweetheart. I know there's nothing I can do to stop you. Just get your ass back here ASAP. We are starting to worry."

"I'm sorry, Ells. I promise I will be home in a while."

I understand where she's coming from. I just opened my phone and saw a shit ton of messages from my parents, Coach Tai, and almost every single member of the team. I have been gone for four days missing classes and training. Only one person knows where I am.

I silently drive up near the gym and see my younger teammates walk out from there, cheery and enthusiastic as usual. I see Ella, Amy and Ayel walk out together and fear suddenly overcomes my entire being. Where is Alyssa? She is the kind of person that would never miss a single day of training.

Ayel must've seen me so she pretends to receive a call so she can walk behind them. She quietly approaches my car and knocks on my window so I roll it down hesitantly because of the anger obvious on her face.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN STUPID?!"

"Shhh! Yel please stop screaming!! Where is she?"

"You stupid piece of shit!! You go MIA on us then you come back and the first thing you look for is Alyssa? YOU. ARE. FUCKING. UNBELIEVABLE!"

"Please, Ayel. Where is she?" I practically begged Ariel to tell me where Ly is.

"Inside. She volunteered to pack things up after training and no one, not even the rookies wanted to help her."

"I understand. Thank you."

"Don't thank me. I'll tell Ells you're here 15 minutes after I get back to Eliazo so hurry the fuck up before she storms here to whoop your stupid ass."

With that, Ariel leaves and I walk out of my car. I walk up to the BEG entrance and watch Alyssa for a while. She is always so beautiful and regal even when she looks all tired and sweaty. God, I love this woman so much. Please, please, just let me keep her. 

A minute passes. And then two. Three. Four. Five...

"Babe? Babe? Dennise. Where in the world have you been? You worried the shit out of me."

I feel her hand on my face and all of a sudden I was popped out of my bubble. Alyssa looked so worried I almost believe her.

"How long have you been standing here, My Love? Has it been long since you arrived?"

"No, I actually just got here." I'm a good liar too. "Why don't you come here and give me a hug? It's only been a couple of days but I really really missed you."

Alyssa holds me in a tight embrace and I rest my head on her chest as I always do on moments like this. This is it. This is what home is like.

"I love you, Den." Ly smiles a sweet smile and I can feel myself fall in love with her over and over and over just as I did when we were only seventeen.

"I love you too, Ly. Why don't you get changed so that we can grab some dinner before we head back to the dorm, huh? On me."

"Okay Love. Dessert's on me." Alyssa winks as she walk backward to the locker room. She is so fucking charming I actually believe her. I let out a small laugh in amusement.

---

"So that's it, huh?" Alyssa asks me as we cuddle up on our bed in Eliazo after a long day. We just won the championship and I wouldn't be here to play next season anymore.

There was a certain finality to Alyssa's words.

"It doesn't have to be, Love." She just looks at me as if wondering what I mean by what I just said so as not to prolong her curiosity I take out the small red box from last month's trip and opened it. "Marry me."

I watched as the confusion in her face grew even more.

"C'mon, Ly. We're graduating in a couple of months, you only have a year left to play, and then we're free. It doesn't have to be really soon."

"Den..."

"I'm going to go to med school, you are going to law school. People wouldn't remember who we are after a while."

"..."

"Please, Love. Please say yes." I suddenly burst into tears as Alyssa held me in her arms ever so tightly as if she didn't want to lose me. But I know better. "Please. Please, Ly. Please."

"Shh. Calm down Love." Ly makes an effort to brush my hair and kiss my forehead a couple times until my crying subsided. I look at her and decided I can't do this to myself anymore.

"Let's just go to sleep. I'm sorry. I'm probably just tired."

"Good night, Babe. I love you."

I love you too, Alyssa. And I'm sorry.

---

A/N: It's the Monday after championship weekend and I suddenly miss their college days so here's a short fic. Please like or comment for part two of Homeless.

Congratulations ALE! One big fight!! 💙