VIIII

5 weeks later
"So when were you going to tell me you're pregnant Nick" Don says with a serious look on his face with my papers from the doctors office in his hand. I avoided eye contact because I knew I was wrong. "Why you going through my stuff" I say back. He scoffs and keeps waiting for my answer. "I'm sorry Don. I didn't know how to tell you" I said lowly. He smacked his lips and sighed. "You supposed to tell me shit like this" he says walking towards me.

He wraps his arms around me and I cry into his chest. "Are you mad" I ask. He pulls back and looks into my eyes. "Why the hell would  I be mad? I always wanted to be a dad" he smiled. I smile back and he pulls me back in for a hug. "I'm finna have a fine ass baby mama" he says while grabbing my ass. I roll my eyes and pull back. "What you want to eat" I ask. He bites his bottom lip and looks down at my cat. "Byyyeee Don" I say walking out the room. He smacks his lips and follows me out the room.

7 months later
I'm about 7 months pregnant now and my pregnancy has been pretty smooth. People still don't know I'm pregnant. Me and Don wanted it that way. I wanted to announce on my own terms.

But we need to tell some important people. Don is taking me over his mother's house. She has never met me before and I was nervous to know what she thought of me. I'm about to show up to the woman's house pregnant as fuck. I was shaking from the nervousness.

"Ma chill. She's going to love you, like I do" he says while kissing the back of my hand. We are in the car on our way now. "What am I going to say? Hey, I got pregnant with your sons baby after about a month and half and now I'm 7 and a half months. Nice to meet you" I said. He shakes his head and chuckles. "Relax Nick" he says.

We pull into her drive way and my stomach falls to my ass. I could literally throw up. He opens the door for me and helps me out of the car. I waddle my way up to the door and Don knocks on it. "Relax" he says. I nod and the door opens. "Donny, hi bab- oh, you've brought... company" she says with her eyes locked onto my stomach. "Mom, this is Nicki and my daughter" he says pointing to me and the baby.

She looks stunned and upset at the same time. She turns around and walks back into the house leaving the door open. We look at each other and Don shakes his head. "It's fine" he says. I don't believe him but we walk in and he closes the door behind us.

"Mom" he yells. He tells me to go sit on the couch in the living room. He helps me sit down and kissed me on the cheek. He walks to the kitchen. I could still hear them from where I'm sitting. "A baby Donald" his mother says. I could hear him sigh loudly. "So you just bring her here and expect me to be okay with it" she asks. "Mom, I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I wanted to wait until we were ready" he said. "I don't give a damn Donald. You could at least tell me you're serious about someone" she says. 

"We are serious. And we are about to have your first grandchild" he says. "How do you know it's yours" she asks. I gasp to myself. "Mom" he raises his voice. "You don't know. She could be using you for money" she yells loud enough for me to clearly hear her. He slams his hand on something. "Enough ma. She is not using me" he yells. "How long you known her" she asks. "9 months or so" he says.  "She look about 7/8 months. So you stuck your thing in this girl you barely knew" she asks. "I'm not finna listen to this" he yells and starts walking away.

"You need to get a test done" she says. I could hear his footsteps coming towards the living room. "Let's go" he says and lifts me off the couch. We walk back to the car and he opens the door for me. He walks back over to his side and hops in. He pulls off and we leave her driveway.

He kept clenching his teeth and gripping the steering wheel. I could tell he was upset and something was bothering him. "You cool babe" I asked. He slightly nods and keeps driving.