XX

He snatches the test from my hands. "Damn" he yells and tosses the test in the trash. It was negative. Thank God. I sighed in relief and walked out the bathroom.

Don's POV
I been working on trying to find Nicki and so far
I know she's in Cali. I made a few arrangements and now I'm going to move out there so I can try and find her. I found a nice house big enough for me and Kairi. My mother didn't want me to go but she understood. I had some people come over and pack our stuff and send it to the new house.

Kairi and I got on the plane and flew to Los Angeles. "Look mama, look at the clouds" I said pointing out the window. "Pretty" she says with a smile. We landed a couple of hours later and a driver came and picked us up.

The next night
"iight, we have 2 last known sightings of Game and Nicki" Kev says. He came out to help me. He points to two places on the map. I nod. "Let's go" I say.
We packed up and got our guns. We strapped on our vests and hopped in the van. I was determined to get Nicki. I needed her back. Kairi needed her back.

We roll up to a house but park across the street. I look around from the inside of the car and I see someone through the house window. I look closer and it's Nicki. My eyes get wide. I see Game walk up to her and smack the hell out of her. I clench my jaw and reach for my gun. Kev touches my hand and says "we gotta be smart about this Don" he says. I nod but keep my jaw clenched. I could see everything since they had the blinds drawn up.

"So what we doing" I ask. "We can't just go in there all crazy and start shooting. This a white ass neighborhood. They WILL call the police" Kev says. I agree. We chose to stake out the house and wait to see who came in and who came out.

After a few hours, we saw 5 men with guns come in and out the house. We knew they were armed and would definitely put up a fight. We waited until all the lights were off and everyone was sleep before we snuck over to the house. We put a silencer in the gun and shot the security system which unlocked the gate leading to the back door.

One of my crips was fancy with picking locks so he carefully picked the door. We gently pushed it open. It creeks but stops when I hold it. We slide through the door and now we were inside. We quietly walked through the kitchen and into the living room. I looked at the stairs and walked toward them. I placed one foot on the step and I quickly removed it when it made a noise.

I tried again in a different spot and there was no noise. I crept up the stairs and drew my weapon. I made sure to look behind me as I walked to the master bedroom. Kev followed close behind. I slowly pushed the door open and saw a sleeping Nicki on the bed. I was so damn happy to see her I almost cried.

Kev walks in and places a bag over games head. He wakes up and starts fighting back. Nicki jumps up and looks at him and then at me. Her eyes looked like she couldn't believe it was me. "Hey baby" I said.

She got up and ran over to me. She hugged me so tight, she was cutting off my circulation. But I didn't care. I was so glad to have her in my arms.

Kev managed to tie game up and sit him on the bed. "YOUR A FUCKING DEAD MAN" game yells but his voice is somewhat muffled by the bag over his head. I chuckle and punch him in the stomach. "Take Nicki downstairs. I got some business to take care of" I say. She shakes her head and says, "no I want to stay". I walk over to her and pull her into a passionate kiss. I pull away and we stare at each other. "Please. Go downstairs. I promise your safe now" I said. She nodded hesitantly but walked out with Kev.

My face filled with rage as I turned back to him. I walked over to him and snatched the bag off his head. He looked at me and smirked. "I knew it was your bitch ass" he says. I pistol whipped and he his head flew back. He pulled his head back and glares at me. "I've been waiting a long time for this" I say walking around him. He stayed silent but I could see the hate in his eyes. "You have caused my family so much pain. I'm going to enjoy killing yo dumb ass" I say with a chuckle.

He looked up and spat his blood at me. I wiped my face then cocked my gun. I placed it between his eyes and pulled the trigger. Blood and brain matter splattered all over me and the room as he hunched over. I walked to the bathroom and cleaned myself off. I took some of his clothes and changed into them.

I walk downstairs and see Nicki on the couch. She looks over at me and runs into my arms. We stand there embracing each other as tears flowed from our eyes. "I missed you so much" she said into my chest. I place my hands on both sides of her head and tilt it upwards until we were looking into each other's eyes. I lean down and kiss her lips. "I missed you too" I say.

We walk out of the house and get in the van. As we rode in the back, Nicki and I held hands the entire way home. We pulled up to my new house and hop out the car. We walk in and I see the babysitter sitting on the couch. "She in her room" I ask her. She nods. Nicki and I walk over to Kairi's room.

Nicki's POV
I walked into her dark room and broke down in tears when I saw her sleeping so peacefully in her bed. I slowly walked up to her and caressed her cheek. I probably planted 100 kisses on her cheeks. She stirred a bit and then her eyes fluttered open. "M-mommy" she says. Then her eyes jump open. "MOMMY" she yells and clings her arms around my neck. I start laughing and crying at the same time. I was so happy to see my baby. She wouldn't let go me.

I managed to take my jacket off and kick my shoes off. I crawled into her bed with her and we snuggled until we fell asleep. Everything felt right. I was at peace.

I wake up to the smell of turkey bacon. I wiggle from under Kairi's little arms and walk into the bathroom to wash up. I walk downstairs and quietly walk into the kitchen. I wrap my arms around Don's bare chest and hug him from behind. He jumps at my touch but then relaxes. He turns around and kisses my lips a few times. "Good morning ma" he says. I smile and steal a piece of bacon that was already made. He laughs and smacks my ass.

He fixes us our plates and we sit at the table. "So what do you want to do today" he asks. I get up and sit on his lap. "I just want to be here with you and Kairi. Nothing else" I said with a smile. I lean down and kiss him passionately. "Cool with me" he says.

The End

A/N: thank you to everyone who has voted, commented, and enjoyed this story! I appreciate each and every one of y'all! It was a pleasure to write this book for you guys! I got some new stuff coming out soon! Stay tuned! 😊

P.S. Book 2? Or nah?
Edit: Book 2 is Available now!

SHAMLESS PLUG: Go check out my new collab book "No Limits" here —> StoriesbyRJ8