Kingdom without a king...

Nandini's POV

Your glowing Nandini ,....my mom said happily looking at me as we were sitting and talking in my old room.

Is there any good news ...am I going to be a grandma ? She asked nudging my arm

Come on ma...there's nothing like that yet..I said blushing away

She pouted

But I hope I get to hear the good news I want  really soon ....she said in a warning tone ..

I giggled at my cute mother..

These things happen when it is meant to happen mom , we don't have a full control in such things...but to be honest...I want nothing than to start a family with Harry.....I said thinking about my happy moments with Harry .

Yeah....baba was telling the other day how scared he was to marry u with him , he thought that he will make your life lonely and sad but now he is very happy  to see that his princess is taken good care of by her British husband ...she said laughing

I nodded

He seems very rough and tough but on the Inside he is very gentle and a very good human being....I said smiling at her

She nodded back agreeing with me...

And then we chatted on different matters starting from our relatives , to our dresses , foods and every matter that a daughter and mother generally talks about .

Suddenly there was loud noises that were coming from the courtroom ...we looked at each other with a confused and scared look ...we quickly rushed towards the room....

The people in the courtroom was shouting  and crying loudly .

What happened..? My mother said loudly bringing everyone's notice to us.

They were crying and we're not able to force the words out of there mouth , so they pointed towards a dead body that was covered from  head to toe in a white sheet and was kept  near baba's throne .

Why is the dead body kept near babas throne...? I whispered ..

It's our Raja...our court minister said and started crying loudly..

Noooooooo.....I yelled loudly making my voice eco clearly in the whole room

I nervously went near the body and slowly uncovered the sheet from his face and my eyes  widened....it was really my baba ...

As soon as my mother saw his body...she started crying and yelling loudly

Baba!!!!!!!! I screamed ....no...pls no....baba....please don't leave me....I said and started crying louldy snuggling into his chest

Raja was lying wounded outside our palace princess , the villagers gave us the information and w-hen we went there , he was already d-dead ....one person said in between his cries..

Who did this....?? I yelled out in a overloud shriek ...

I started sobbing loudly , I didn't know what to do ...this was not suppose to happen

Suddenly I felt  one hand on my shoulder and when I turned back it was Harry , his eyes full of tears...

Harry....Harry look what happened to baba ..I said gesturing to my father's dead figure

He just nodded and sat beside me and hugging me  tightly and started crying with me ..

Harry ....you were with him ? What happened please tell me ... ? Where is Bhai sa...I said suddenly realising that he was indeed with baba and Bhai sa.

Nandini...when we were walking outside , the Mughal soldiers suddenly attacked us , they -they stabbed baba with sword and kidnapped ratan ..he said sluttering with heavy breaths..

That bastards....I will rip them apart...I screamed loudly

Harry hugged me once again trying to soothe me , but I know nothing could bring me comfort , my baba was gone , I would never get to see his face and smile again ...I will never get his  kisses on my forehead again...I was left alone in this world ....he left me alone...

Flood of sadness rushed into the whole jodhpur as people came to know about the death of their beloved king....my baba's entire life was spent in making sure that people in his kingdom are  safe and happy , such a good person had to face such an
Un - fortunate ending ..

Baba's funeral processions were performed with full honours , mom just cried and cried ....I have never seen her like this in my whole life...I wanted to comfort her but I knew nothing can comfort her .....I was going through the same pain so I can very well empathise with the situation .... since Bhai sa  was kidnapped my poor young brother  rajat who was just 12 years old had to perform the last rites ...Mughal was exiled by the britishers for killing baba , the Mughal king denied to accept that he killed baba but since Harry saw   the Mughal soldiers, I know it's truth...and search was still going on to find Bhai sa so that he can succeed father's thrown ....I hope we find Bhai sa really soon , our  kingdom needs a king ....my baba's efforts to make this kingdom a paradise should not go in vain....I know no one can repeat the same legacy as my dad...but still this kingdom should never be without a king...