no choice at all...

Harry's pov

It had been a month since the king's death....so far it is all under control , nobody till now suspect that I was behind that murder ...the mughals were exiled for a crime that they didn't commit and it eased the britishers load even more ....but I was burdened more....since the day I killed the man who made me his son , I was not able to sleep , eat or live in peace and seeing nandini's condition worsened it even  more ....she still hadn't come out of her father's death and she was suffering every day every second of her life which made me wanna kill myself...

I prepared some sandwiches and went upstairs towards our room where Nandini was laying with her eyes wide open and starting outside the window...I never saw her face without tears since that black day...

Baby..? Get up , I made some breakfast...I said slowly

I don't want to eat....she said not even looking at me .

I sighed before placing the table on the bedside table and sitting beside her

Nandini...how long are you going to be like this , do u have any idea what ur doing to urself...I said running hands through her hairs .

I miss baba..Harry , I just want to see his face..please bring him back....she said starting to cry again..

Nandini...please..don't be like this...I can't see u like this...I said now myself on the verge of crying..

I took her bridal style and seated her on my lap and ran smooth circles on her back to soothe her as she clutched on me for her dear life ..

Why would the bloody mughals do that Harry , they were starting to have good relations with baba ...she said In between sniffles .

I'm trying Harry , but I'm still not able to believe that baba is not with us anymore....I will never forgive the culprits never ...they destroyed a happy family , a happy kingdom...she said and crying loudly

Hey ...it's okay.., calm down ...it will take time , I know it will take time...but you have to look after yourself...baba would never have like to see u in this state...I said kissing her forehead .

And he certainly would never have allowed you to remain empty stomach....so....I said stretching my hand to grab the plate of sandwiches and bringing closer to us.

For baba....I said extending a piece of sandwich towards her mouth

She shook her hand in a no

Nandini...pls...I whispered again ..

She finally bite a small piece of sandwich and wiping her tears

That's like my brave princess ..now we will sit here and finish all these sandwiches okay...I know they are not so good but this is the only thing that I know how to make ...I said pouting

She let out a small chuckle and happiness rushed through me , this is the first time in the past month that I got to see even a  angelic smile in her face

Thank you Harry for being there...I know I haven't been easy during these times but you never gave up on me..I'm so lucky to have u...I love u Soo much...she said placing her soft hand on my cheeks

No nandini.., it's because of me that you had to go through all these pain in the first place itself ...I thought to myself..

Harry ? What r u thinking ? She asked slowly

No-thing , I said with a fake smile

Come on let's finish this breakfast yeah.. I said and she lightly nodded .

Loud telephone rings from the hall woke me up from my already so weak sleep ..I groaned and looked to my side seeing Nandini sleeping peacefully cuddling to me...I kissed her forehead and very delicatedly got of her trying my best not to wake her and walked towards the hall picking up the call.

Hello? I spoke in a hoarse sleepy voice

We r sorry to disturb you this late sir , but ratan Singh is in our custody ,  he was hiding in Forest from where we arrested him ..

My eyes widened and all the sleep vanished away from my eyes and I was now fully awake and attentive...

Sir...what to do with him now.? The voice on the other side  asked .

Kill him.... , I whispered in an audible voice   choking on my tears ..before hanging up not even waiting for the confirmation from the other side

My breathing became heavy and ragged , I quickly ran towards the washroom looking myself into it and bursting into silent yet harsh  sobs

God...why are you making me do all of this.....I whispered careful not to be too loud  because of the fact that Nandini was laying in the bed outside .

I'm sorry ....I'm so sorry Nandini ...I swear I didnt want to do all these...but I'm bounded by my duties .....I'm sorry..  I whispered before sliding down on the bathroom floor and crying again ...cry which had fear , regret , sadness , helplessness within it ...I had become a puppet now nothing was under my control , I was doing  so wrong to my love who made my life beautiful and worth living ...but it was for my country , I had no choice...no choice at all.....