12|| Surprises*

Bella

After what felt like forever, I finally arrived at Anna's house.

Sams' red four door Jeep Wrangler was in the driveway all polished, sparkly clean and ready to hit the road.

Just as I was about to knock on their custom black door, it opened up to reveal the most attractive, suntanned teenager I'd ever seen, male super models had nothing on him.

There he was, standing right in front of me with his dazzling smile that made my heart leap and skip a beat altogether. Sam Kennedy, my crush since forever, it was finally my moment to say something to him, to express how I felt about him but that thought was paused when the door opened wider to reveal a beautiful brunette, with eyes that swallowed me whole and transported me to amazing blue skies.

The girl hooked her arm around Sam, the simple action brought a pang of jealousy to settle at the pit of my stomach. That could be Sams' girlfriend, what the heck am I saying, that is Sams' girlfriend, they looked soo cozy together and soo in love. I think I might have thrown up in my mouth, blargh!!

The only thing left to do was to push her to the side and claim what had always been in my reach but had never been in my vicinity to actually grasp, I had it all planned out, simply shove the brunette to the side and make Sam forget about her by simply smashing my lips onto his and letting the moment swallow us whole,

but,

I was more civilized than that, I simply cleared my evil mind and mustered up my most genuine, heartwarming smile and cleared my throat to remove the lump that had formed from earlier on.

"Hi Sam, Is Anna ready yet?" I questioned after what had felt like an eternity since the door had been opened.

"Yeah, she'll be done any minute now." He coolly replied then shouted out my arrival to let Anna know that I had arrived.

"Ooh, this is Hillary by the way, she's my girl and she'll be joining us, I thought the more the merrier right, she could even help out with the shopping shindigs and all ya'know." He said with both pride and confidence exuberating from his demeanor whilst pulling Hillary closer by the waist until they were standing side to side.

"Nice to meet you Hillary, the name's Bella but you can call me Bel or Ella, whichever you prefer and yes the more the merrier, I'd really need the help on this one." I flashed them my pearly whites, hoping that Anna would come down those stairs and steal me away at that very moment.

"Likewise Bel, I hope we...", Hillary stopped mid-sentence as Anna rushed down the stairs slinging her purse on her shoulder, she landed at the bottom of the stairs with a 'thud' using both feet.

That would be the moment where I did my victory dance and embraced Anna for saving the day, 'phew', saved at last.

"Let's get moving before all the good stores close, shall we?" Anna approached me and extended her elbow towards my front, I hooked my own arm around her elbow and exited the house followed by Sam and Hillary trailing a few feet behind us.

"I call dibs on the backseat!", Anna shrieked at the top of her lungs as she pulled me towards the car opening the back doors before we proceeded to slide into the comfortable black leather interior and make ourselves comfortable.

Anna was so engrossed on her phone that I didn't want to disturb her. I just sat on my seat and let the car carry me to our destination whilst enjoying the view.

Hillary made herself comfortable in the passenger seat next to Sam, while he, on the other hand, inserted his car keys into the ignition until the engine roared to life, pressed his right foot on the accelerator to get it moving and in seconds we were moving out of the driveway at an acceptable pace.