14||Drama!!

Imagine Dragons|Bad liar

"...look me in the eyes, tell me what you see. Perfect paradise Tearing at the seams, I wish I could escape it, but I don't want to fake it, 'wish I could erase it, make your heart believe, but I'm a bad liar..."

➖➖☯➖➖

Bella

  It'd been a whole week since I'd met Zoe and we'd become inseparable, we'd made sure that we always met during lunch hour, or whenever we were both free, as well as after school to hang out.

I had been avoiding Andrew like the plague to avoid unnecessary squabbles because wherever he was, Kathy lurked near-by. 

This had been a terrible idea, that I highly knew as we had not even discussed our assignment, we were lacking behind by a whole week all because of my pride and his rhetorical actions. It was time to put my ego aside and tighten my big girl boots if at all I wanted to pass my Literature class with pleasing grades.

It was Monday, meaning we only had this week to finish off and submit our work.

'Out of all the people in Lit class, why me?'

I made my way towards the bathroom and did my usual hygiene routine; brushing my teeth, taking a 15-minute shower and of course, brushing my hair. I had thought about trimming it at the ends but I always pushed that idea aside, the thought of someone touching my hair made my insides churn.

'Ah well, maybe next time'. I shrugged the idea off and proceeded to get dressed.

I waltzed towards my window and the outdoor scenery warmed my heart.

I always loved the autumn season, the way the orange leaves shimmied onto the concrete sidewalk, how the trees seemed barely naked without their clothing but not having a care in the world. It brought back fond memories; times when I didn't have a care in the world and would make leaf angels with mom, the sudden memory brought a smile to my face and I knew at that moment that mom was with me.

The house was eerily quiet as I made my way downstairs.

Dad had got home way past midnight and my theory was that he was planning on sleeping in.

'How I wish I was in your situation', I muttered under my breath.

My favorite cereal– Rice Krispies– had been my go-to breakfast, I was too lazy to cook up anything, let alone pancakes nor waffles.

As I was pouring in skimmed milk into my cereal a text notification pinged on my phone

Liam💜: Be ready in 10. On my way 😉

A small smile crept onto my face. Liam had grown on me during the last couple of days, besides Zoe, he had been my only friend. Every day we'd hang out and even include Zoe. They had hit it off immediately when I introduced them to each other, it was like seeing long lost friends getting united once again.