26| | Fresh Start

"Everyone has that moment I think, the moment when something so momentous happens that it rips your very being into small pieces. And then you have to stop. For a long time, you gather your pieces. And it takes such a very long time, not to fit them back together, but to assemble them in a new way, not necessarily a better way. More, a way you can live with until you know for certain that this piece should go there, and that one there."

― Kathleen Glasgow

__________________

*Two weeks later*

Quite some time had passed since the party incident, and the near experience of the house burning down had definitely been the highlight.

Dad was still struggling on what to do next since he decided to quit, but from all I've seen him experience I knew he'd come out at the top.

Schools had finally closed for the festive Christmas season and I couldn't be happier. I like school don't get me wrong, it just gets all fucked up and twisted along the way when assignments, presentations and group work start pilling up; that, I don't miss at all.

Not having to wake up early in the morning was the greatest feeling ever, snuggling into my black checkered comforter I peaked my right leg out of the cotton goodness whilst keeping the other limbs fully embodied in. There's just something about sleeping in that position that settles me in pure slumber.

"Bella! Bella! Get down here, I have something important to tell you." Dads' voice boomed from downstairs.

Well, there goes my plans of sleeping in.

"Coming!"

I made my way into my bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face, being extra vigilant to wash out the crumbs at the corner of my eyes.

Stomping down the stairs I spotted him sitting on one of the brown couches closest to the kitchen bouncing his left leg anxiously.

This action peaked my interest, I'd never seem him this nervous, except for that one time when we went together for basketball tryouts at grade school; one would think he was the one trying out.

Finally connecting my ass to the couch next to his, I pulled my legs and hugged them to my chest.

His nervous leg bouncing move stopped, but he moved on to pacing the room. I gave him a sharp glance in a way that said,'stop! You're making me dizzy.'

Looking at me apologetically he finally sat down. His smile was contagious and I already knew that whatever 'news' he had to tell me was good. Finding a more comfortable sitting position he finally decided on sitting at the edge of the seat holding my stare.

"So...are you going to tell me what's going on or am I just going to have to guess what it is?" I asked, settling my legs on the fluffy, black spiral carpet and mirroring his seating position.

"Well...Remember when I told you that I want to be my own boss, and start something that I loved?" He questioned me trying to jog my memory to the previous talk we had.

"Yeah...What about that?" I quizzically asked.

"I saw a couple of 'To Let' signs downtown when I was looking for something to keep busy with, anyway, I called up the owner for one of the buildings, asked if I could buy the space instead of rent it. He was a bit stubborn at first but finally gave in. As of now you are looking at the new owner of a hipster building that's fully functioning and of which I'm going to turn into something big.