30||Ghost from the Past

(Not edited) Point out errors, please, and thank you. Enjoy.

"It's OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave."

Mandy Hale

∞•∞•∞•∞∞•∞•∞•∞∞•∞•∞•∞

Bella

After relieving myself in Andrew's bathroom, I took note to remind him that his toilet paper supply was running low.

I didn't even use up much. I just wrapped it around my hand a couple of times only to realize that it was a one-ply paper — not cool at all.

I then washed my hands with warm water and scented soap before joining Drew back in the dining room.

As I approached the room Andrew's angry tone of voice caught me off guard and had me recoiling back into the bathroom.

What the hell's going on?

Mustering up the confidence, I made my way back to the room.

A man seeming to be in his 40s, had his back turned towards me. At the back of his head, he had a couple of white hairs dusting his fading black hair.

"Hey, Drew. The toilet paper in there is almost finished so---" My statement got cut short as the man turned around to face me.

Recognition struck as soon as I saw the same snake tattoo situated by the left side of his neck the same tattoo that I saw two years ago. He had at least added two more to accompany the lone art.

My blood ran cold by his demeaning cold stare.

Does he still remember what happened two years ago?

How does he know Andrew?

Is Andrew in Trouble?

Did he just say that Andrew is... is his son?
It can't be, right?

Multiple thoughts pooled in my head; question swirled with no end, seeking answers and explanations.

My anxiety was slowly slipping through the cracks, the walls of sanity and well being shaking– it was only time that could tell when they'd collapse.

I couldn't face him, his presence still haunted me and the fact that he stood just mere meters away from me was not helping the panic attack about to consume me.

I need to get out of here! I need to breathe.

Steadying my rapidly beating heart, I took slow calculated inhales of air followed by calculated exhales.

My hands momentarily stopped trembling. I took that as my opportunity to get away from that house, to get away from him.