Chapter 1

Beep. BEep. BEEp. BEEP. Piper awoke with a start and groaned. Today she would start the school year as the new kid... again. Another town, another group of friends that she had to intrude upon... It was an understatement to say that Piper was not excited for school today.

            She grudgingly dragged herself out of her bed and looked at herself in the mirror. "I need to make a good first impression" Piper thought to herself. She then picked out the cutest outfit that she owned. She brushed and brushed her straight blonde hair until it looked perfect. Piper looked in the mirror again and smiled to herself.

            She glanced over at her clock and almost jumped in shock. It read 7:47. "Shit," Piper mumbled. She grabbed her backpack and swung it over her shoulder as she ran down the stairs. As she rushed to the door her mother called out to her.

            "Honey, are you getting something to eat? You can't skip breakfast. You know what they say..."

            "I know Mom, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I'm going to run over to the coffee shop that's around the corner from the school. I'll see you later," Piper responded over her shoulder as she walked out the front door.

            Piper was walking down Main Street and was almost at the coffee shop when she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She looked down and saw that she got a message from her old best friend, Polly.

            Hey Piper! Just wanted to tell you that I miss you soooo much. Do you think we could hang out sometime soon?

            As Piper read the message a smile spread over her face. Of all of the things she missed from her old town, Polly was what she missed the most. Quickly, Piper answered the text.

            I would love to Pol! I can't talk right now though, I need to get to school. Running really late. Talk later?

        As she was finishing the text, she walked through the open door to the coffee shop. Not paying attention to where she was going, Piper ran right into someone.