Chapter 5

Buuuzzzz. Buuzzzz. Piper’s phone had started to ring. She looked down at it and say that her mother was calling her. Then she looked at the time. 11:57 pm.

“Shit” Piper exclaimed as she picked up the phone.

“Hey Mom. What's up?”

“Piper do you think you could sleep over at your friend’s house? I can’t come get you now. Your brother is having a little bit of a meltdown.”

            Covering up the microphone on the phone, Piper asked Alex, “Hey do you think I could sleep here tonight? My mom can’t come pick me up."

            "Yeah, of course you can Pipes." Alex responded with a small smile. "Nicky was already sleeping over, so you're more than welcome to."

            "Hey Mom. Yeah. She said I could stay over. I'll see you tomorrow." Piper told her mom.

            As Piper hung up the phone, Nicky asked "Chapman, do you like horror movies?"

            "Umm I don't know. I've never really watched any before."

            "Really?!?! Vause, we need to educate this girl now!"

            Nicky went over to her backpack and pulled out a plethora of DVD's. "How does Insidious sound?" she asked.

            "Perfect," Alex responded, "I haven't seen that one in forever. Can you make some popcorn while you're up?"

            "Of course," Nicky said sarcastically, "One can't possibly watch a horror movie without popcorn."  Nicky put the movie into the DVD player and went into the kitchen.

            Alex leaned her head on Piper's shoulder. "Pipes, I really like having you here. Don't get me wrong, I love Nicky, but you have made this night perfect."

            "Alex, I'm so glad that of all people to run into, I ran into you."

            Alex placed her glasses on top of her head and smiled at Piper. She casually slipped her hand into Piper's and started rubbing the back of it with her thumb. Piper didn't pull away. Something was stirring inside of her, something that Piper had never felt before. What she had with Alex, whatever it was,  it felt right.

            "But I'm not lesbian." Piper thought, trying to convince herself. But deep down, she knew she was lying to herself. Because this truly felt right.

            Just then, Nicky walked in with a huge bowl of popcorn. She saw the two girls holding hands and smiled to herself. Finally, her best friend could be happy. "I just really hope Piper doesn't break her fucking heart."