Chapter 2

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." Piper exclaimed, looking startled.

            In front of her stood the most stunning girl that she had ever seen. The girl seemed to be about her age, with long black hair and what seemed like perfect skin. Her eyes were pools of water that looked so deep it was almost as if you could drown inside of them. Next to her stood a short girl with bushy blonde hair.

            "No worries," the girl replied. "I don't think I know you. Are you new in town?"

            "Yeah," Piper said, "I just moved here from Texas." She extended her hand. "My name is Piper Chapman."

            "My name is Alex. Alex Vause." the girl responded, shaking Piper's hand with a smile on her face.

            As they shook hands, both Piper and Alex felt something between them. It was if a spark had been lit between them.

            "Sorry to interrupt, but Al we need to get going if we wanna get to class on time. Oh and by the way Chapman, I'm Nicky. Do you want a ride to school?" the bushy haired girl said.

            Alex and Piper let go of each other's hands. "I would love one, but I really need to grab some breakfast. I can walk to school from here. I don't think it's too far. Thanks anyway though."

            Alex, looking disappointed, responded " Okay, well I guess I'll see you around then?"

            "Definitely," Piper replied with a smile.

            As the two girls walked out of the coffee shop, Piper's eyes followed them until they got into Nicky's car and drove away. Although Piper had just met Alex, she was intrigued by her.  Alex had a mysterious air about her, and something made Piper want to know more about this strange and beautiful girl.