Chapter 16

The next morning, Alex woke up to the sun streaming in through the windows. She  opened her eyes, and the first thing that she saw was Piper. She smiled to herself. Last night had been amazing. It was a night that Alex would never forget.

            Piper woke up, opening her eyes slowly. She saw Alex's face and smiled.

            "Good morning," Piper said with a smile.

            "Good morning, beautiful," Alex responded, kissing Piper gently.

            The two girls just lay there for a while staring at each other, their smiles stretching from ear to ear. After a while, they heard people whispering in the other room.

            "We should get up, shouldn't we?" Piper said, sounding slightly disappointed.

            "Yeah probably."

            The two girls got out of Alex's bed and quickly got dressed. They walked into the living room and saw Lorna leaning on Nicky, watching TV. Nicky and Lorna turned towards the other two girls as they walked out of Alex's room.

            "Wow, what are you two lovebirds smiling about?" Nicky said.

            "Nothing," Alex smirked. "Nothing at all."

            "I'm calling bs," Lorna said.

            Nicky turned towards Alex. "Al, can I talk to you for a second?" she said. Nicky walked out of the room, and Alex, obviously confused, followed right behind her.

            "What's up Nicky?"

            "Did you...?"

            "Did I what?"

            "Did you guys...?

            "Oh gotcha. And umm, maybe." Alex said, blushing.

            "Shit Vause! Really?! Duuddeee, I'm so happy for you! This is awesome. Holy shit man." Nicky said.

            "Umm thanks," Alex said with a smile. "So how are you and Lorna doing?"

            "We're great. Really, really great."

~~~

            Alex and Piper left her apartment at 2:00, about a half hour after Lorna and Nicky had left to go hang out at Nicky's house. They went outside, walking around without much purpose. They found themselves at a playground.

            The two girls sat down on two of the swings, just sitting there and talking. Suddenly, Piper heard a high pitched voice calling her name.

            A little girl ran over to her and gave her a big hug. "Hi Piper!" she exclaimed.

            "Hey Marissa," Piper said. "Oh Marissa, this is Alex."

            "Wait this is Alex? Is she the girl that you talk about? That makes sense! She's so pretty!!" Marissa said. She turned around and saw her mother beckoning to her. "My mom wants me, I gotta go! See you tomorrow Piper!"

            As Marissa walked away, Piper looked over at Alex and saw that she was blushing. "Who was that?" Alex asked.

            "Oh, that's the little girl that I babysit." Piper said.

            "How does she know who I am?" Alex questioned.

            "When I was babysitting her a few weeks ago she asked me if I had a boyfriend. I felt like I had to let her know that it was okay to like girls too," Piper said. Now she was the one who was blushing.

            "You're amazing Piper, you know that?" Alex smiled. She leaned in and kissed the blonde. She didn't care that they were in public. Because Alex loved this girl more than she had loved someone before in her life.