Chapter 9

Pipes. Hey Pipes," Alex said softly, nudging Piper, "We're here."

            Piper opened her eyes, looked at Alex, and smiled.

            "Good morning sunshine." Nicky called back to her, smirking. The three girls got out of the car and stared at the huge house that they had just arrived at with awe. "Jesus Christ," Nicky said, "Chapman, you didn't tell us that this Polly chick was rich."

            Piper laughed softly, and they walked up to the front door. Piper rang the doorbell and within seconds Polly opened up the door.

            "Oh my god, PIPER!" Polly screeched, throwing her arms around the blonde. "I've missed you so much. And you must be Alex. I've heard a lot about you from Piper."

            "Ooh, I wonder what she talks about," Nicky said, smirking in Alex's direction. "I'm Nicky by the way." She extended her hand and Polly shook it firmly.

            A boy that Piper didn't recognize stepped out from behind Polly.

            "Oh, and this is Pete," Polly said, pointing in the boy's direction. "He moved here from Australia and was a new student this year. Oh, and he's also my boyfriend." She added as he came over and kissed her softly.

            They walked inside and went down to the basement. Loud music was blasting, and what seemed like hundreds of people were packed in the small room.

            "Jesus Pol, since when do you have this many friends?" Piper teased.

            "Well, my best friend left me, I needed to find a new one. Or two. Or twenty." Polly joked. Looking over her shoulder, Polly said, "Hey, I'm gonna go hang out with Pete. He doesn't really know that many people yet."

            As she was walking away, Nicky looked past her into a cluster of girls. "I'm gonna go hang out over there, see if I can pick up any of those beautiful ladies." Nicky said, a mysterious look on her face.

            Now alone, Alex and Piper stood there, looking at each other. "Do you want something to drink?" Piper asked awkwardly.

            "Yeah, umm do you think they have any beer?"

            "Of course they do, have you met Polly? I'll be right back." Piper responded with a laugh.

             Within minutes Piper was back, a red cup full of beer in each hand.

            "Thanks Pipes." Alex smiled, taking her glasses off of her face and putting them on top of her head.

            "Damn," the blonde thought, "It's so hot when she does that."

            The two girls sat down on a couch in the back of the room together. They drank their beer in silence. When they were done, Alex grabbed Piper's hand and started rubbing the back of her hand with her thumb.

            Biting her lip and looking down at their interlocking fingers, Piper said "Hey, Al, can we get out of here? I wanna ask you something... in private."

            "Yeah, of course. Let's go."

            Alex followed Piper as she rushed out of the room. They walked through the maze of hallways without talking and found themselves in an enormous bedroom. Piper pulled Alex over to the bed, and the two girls sat down on opposite sides of it.

            "Listen, Al, I know I've known only known you for like five weeks," Piper said hurriedly, "But I've never felt anything like this before, for anyone. When I'm with you, everything feels special... Everything feels right. So I'm wondering... ummm...Will you --"

            Alex leaned over and kissed her. The blonde was surprised, but kissed her back. It felt as if fireworks were exploding between them. Neither of them wanted that kiss to end.

            When the girls finally broke apart, Alex smriked, "Did that answer your question?".

            Smiling, Piper leaned back in and kissed Alex again. "You don't know how long I've wanted to do that."

            "Same here Pipes," Alex said, grinning from ear to ear.

            "So are we?"

            "I don't know, are we?"

             "Yes I think so."

            The two girls lay down on the bed, staring at each other for what seemed like eternity.

            "I love you Alex Vause." Piper said softly.

            "I love you too Piper Cha--"

            Alex was interrupted by the door to the bedroom slamming open.

            "Piper! Finally! I've been looking for you everywhere."

            Piper looked over at the door and her heart dropped.

            Larry.