Chapter 6

The three girls started watching Insidious. Whenever something remotely scary happened, Nicky would hide her eyes behind a blanket, while Piper and Alex would hide behind each other.

            About an hour and a half into the movie, when things began to calm down, Nicky asked, "So how about Rose Bryne?"

            "I think she's pretty hot." Alex responded.

            "Really?!? Al are you wearing your glasses?" Nicky joked.

            "I dunno Nicky, she has a pretty hot accent." Piper said.

            "Jesus Christ, you two have no taste." Nicky replied, looking down at the near empty popcorn bowl. "I'm gonna go make some more popcorn. While I'm gone, I hope you two realize how blind you are."

            Alex and Piper turned their attention back to the movie. Just as Nicky was walking in, something popped up on the screen. She screamed and the bowl of popcorn flew out of her hands, scattering its contents everywhere.

            "Shit Nicky. You gotta clean that up." Alex said.

            By the time Nicky had picked up all of the popcorn, the movie ended. Piper yawned loudly.

            "Yo, guys I'm gonna sleep on the couch." Nicky said.

            "Pipes, do you wanna crash in my room, or out here with Nicky?" Alex asked.

            "I think I'll sleep in your room. Is that okay with you?" Piper replied.

            "Yeah, of course. Wouldn't have offered if it wasn't."

            Alex showed Piper the way to her room. As Piper walked in, her jaw dropped. Alex's room was probably the coolest room she had ever seen. Her light blue walls were covered in posters of Piper's (and apparently Alex's) favorite bands. The bookcase was overflowing with amazing books and on the desk were stacks upon stacks of CD's.

            "Holy shit Al, your room is amazing."

            "Thanks Pipes." Alex said, blushing. Embarrassed, she turned away from Piper and began looking through her drawers. She handed Piper a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Here, you can wear these. You can change in the bathroom if you want. Down the hall, first door on your right."

            "Thanks Alex." Piper said with a smile. She walked out of the room and into the bathroom. The clothes smelled wonderful... They smelled like Alex, a mixture of vanilla and coconut. Piper changed quickly. When she walked back into the room, Piper saw Alex laying on the bed reading. Alex looked up when she heard the door open. She lifted her glasses off of her face and rested them on top of her head.

            "You can sleep on the bed if you like. I'm happy to sleep on the floor." Alex said.

            "I'll take the bed, but you don't need to sleep on the floor. It'll be uncomfortable. We can share the bed. I think it's big enough." Piper replied.

            "Sounds good to me." Alex responded.

            They both lay down on the bed, facing each other. Alex turned the light off and the two girls started talking. "Shit," Alex said, "I still have my glasses on. Pipes, do you think you can put them on the table next to you?"

            Piper blindly reached for Alex's glasses, and somehow managed to take them from Alex's hand and put them on the night table. As she lay back down, she found Alex's hand. She grasped it and didn't let go. Alex rested her head right next to Piper's.

            "I am so glad that I met you." Alex whispered into Piper's ear.

            Even though Alex couldn't see Piper's face, she could tell that she was smiling. Before long, Piper's breathing turned heavy. Alex lay awake, unable to forget the girl that was lying beside her.

            "Piper Chapman, I think I'm fucking in love with you." Alex mumbled to herself