h. potter

'red and brown'

'red and brown'

IMAGINE, its that time of year; the trees laugh once more. Dressed in scarlet and bronze, the leaves drift in the strengthening wind and fall at slow grace. Autumn had arrived, sooner than expected.

Autumn always meant that walks to classes were much more enjoyable, the brown and red of the leaves made a much nicer aesthetic to Hogwarts than the greens - much to slytherins dismay. Also the red and browns perfectly complemented your two favourite red and brunette boys.

"Y/N, whatcha got next?" Ron sat next to you, mouth full of freshly baked goods.

"Herbology." you replied, "and what about you two?"

"We have Charms," Harry scoffed, loosely placing his arm on your shoulders. "Its a pathetic class, really."

Ron nodded. "Mmft"

A heavy silence settled over, you could hear harry gulp and turn to look nervously at Ron, whom mirrored his expression, but swiftly switched their gaze back. Ron shuffled his feet against the blue brick floor and abruptly stood up.

"I uhm- I better head to the- um, library." Ron's eyes widened before quickly shuffling away.

you give harry an odd look, "What was that all 'bout?"

"I don't know," Harry backtracked, "Well I do know, actually."

Once again there was an awkward silence, "So what was it about?"

"It really doesn't-"

"Spit it out."

Harry slumped in defeat, "Fine, I wanted to know if you'd want to go to hogsmeade with me, This weekend?"

A heavy silence returned, all that could be heard were the harsh winds and the thrashing of the Scarlet and bronze coated leaves. You couldn't will your lips to move, everything sounded warbled when harry said:

"You- you don't want to?"

He sounded defeated, all traces of triumph had left his body. His mouth melted into a slight frown and his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"If you don't want to you can tell-"

The words were magically placed into your mouth, time finally resumed as normal. "No, I'd love to go to hogsmeade, would Saturday be fine?"

Harry let out a breath of relief, "Yeah Saturday would be fine."