d. thomas

IMAGINE, the wintry weather was accompanied by boys adorned in their finest suits- looking as though penguins in the pale snow, and girls wearing gowns of the finest silk and linen

The Yule Ball was a fantastic time, it created great excitement among the elder year levels.

Y/N flowed in dance it was as if it were the only way her body truly knew how to speak. Verbally she was stiff. Her tongue only rested in one place. Talking with Cedric was no easy task- they didn't know each other very well, which didn't make for casual conversation and he was rather attractive, which largely intimidated Y/N.

It was odd that he had asked her to be his date for the ball, after all he was linked with Cho Chang. No matter that the reason was for the request, Y/N hesitantly agreed, afraid to make things awkward by rejecting.

As Y/N turned her eyes she caught him standing there, him less adept at dancing then she, he was in the shadows, along with some other boys. He dropped his eyes momentarily before looking, his head tilted to one side and a hopeful smile playing on his lips.

The short smile flashed across his face from beneath reems of the dark. It created slight dimples and creases that formed friendly lines.

Y/N and Dean Thomas were utterly adored by each other- unknowingly or not. It was a shock to everyone that they hadn't come together through the doors and into the ball.

Nonetheless, they still glanced at each other from across the room.

"Hey uhm, Y/N, I'm just going to grab a drink, I'll see you in a bit yeah." Cedric awkwardly stopped mid-dance, scratching the back of his neck.

Y/N softly smiled looking down at the ground, "Oh yeah, of course."

Cedric swiftly swaggered across the hall. Y/N Stood alone for a while, glancing around at the dancing teenagers around her, before a tap on the shoulder made her flinch.

Y/N turned around swiftly, frightened by the unexpected stranger.

"Oh, hey," Y/N let out a breath, "what are you doing here?"

Dean laughed, "you seemed lonely, do you wish to dance?"

"I'm rather tired of dancing, I was just going to catch a break" the red-cheeked girl said.

"Well maybe a walk?" Dean put forward his hand, "come on, it'll be good."

Y/N hesitantly put her hand in his and smiled. They both walked out of the hall and into the courtyard.

The night was a special kind of blackness. The surroundings were tranquil. The stars adorned the night sky perfectly, they shone amongst the snow, creating a more vibrant white.

"So, why'd you go with Cedric, isn't he with Cho?" Dean asked, looking at your lips.

"Well he asked me," Y/N awkwardly muttered, shrugging her shoulders, "I didn't want to be rude and say no."

Dean huffed, looking away. "Y'know he's probably with Cho right now, I saw him walking towards her, in the hall."

Y/N crosses her shoulders, glaring at Dean. "He probably is, why'd you care so much anyways? You're just mad that you didn't even have a date."

"Wo, wo," Dean turned around to look at Y/N, "you don't need to take your awful date out on me."

"Your jealous." Y/N huffed turning around to go back inside.

Dean grabbed her wrist, forcing her to face him. "What?"

"You heard me, your jealous that I was with Cedric." You turned away, "It's cold, let me go inside."

"Um, no- here, take this" Dean took of his coat, placing it on her shoulders, "there."

The two looked at each other in silence, both their eyes held the upmost love and adoration. It was plain to everyone- perhaps even them of their dumbfounded love.

Dean quickly rushed in for a kiss. Y/N was shocked at first, but melted into the kiss eventually. The kiss was one steeped in a passion.

The kiss ends, although their foreheads still touching, both of them standing in silence and tranquility. The night sky blankets them, if not protecting them.

"Perhaps I was a little bit jealous..." Dean whispered, his hot breath fanning across her face.

Y/N softly giggled, detaching herself from him and looking into his eyes. "I knew it."

Y/N kisses him again, this one softer and warmer, as both lips were plump from the previous passion.

As she kissed him the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be.

"I love you," Dean Thomas pulled away from the kiss, pulling her head into his chest and cuddling her softly.

"I love you too," Y/N's muffled voice was almost un-hearable, but Dean still smiled, holding Y/N tighter than ever.