four

apparently wattpad isnt showing notifications for book updates so make sure to read chapter 3 if you havent already!

jin doesnt appear in this chapter (hes just mentioned) but i guess this is still important?

After an important mission plus his visit to the beta wolf, Taehyung's taking a cold shower at 3 in the morning. He feels quite refreshed and his head doesn't feel all that heavy now that he's certain that the pretty wolf is alive. He's just hoping the wolf will stay alive.

"Where-"

Taehyung lets out a high-pitched, ear-piercing scream at the sound of an oh-so familiar voice coming from right outside the shower. He covers his body with the curtain and pops his head out, his glare meeting his alpha's. An annoyed expression forms on his face and he swings his fist to punch Jungkook but the alpha has quick reflexes and easily dodges the hit.

"Why do you keep violating my privacy?! First you barge into my room while I'm having sex and now you barge into the bathroom when I'm taking a shower! I swear to-"

Taehyung's yelling is cut short when a fist connects with his mouth.

"Son of a bitch," Taehyung mutters under his breath and wipes the blood off his mouth.

"Do not yell or curse at me. I am your alpha," Jungkook says calmly.

Taehyung just glares at Jungkook with a murderous expression before he says, "Get out. I'm naked."

"I have seen things far more disturbing than your naked body, my friend," Jungkook says with a taunting smile.

Taehyung scowls and turns off the tap before he uses his vampire speed to grab his towel, dry himself, slip on his pyjamas, and lay on his bed with his arms behind his head. Jungkook casually walks out of the bathroom with an amused expression and stands beside the bed with his arms folded. Taehyung just lays there as if he has all the time in the world.

"I came to your room earlier to ask if you would like to go on a hunt with me, but you were not here," Jungkook mentions.

"I was out," Taehyung simply says.

"Where have you been?"

"Just a walk."

"Why did you go for a walk at 1 in the morning?"

"Because I wanted to."

Usually Jungkook would get angry if it was someone else who's speaking to him like this, but he has mastered the ability of tolerating Taehyung's nonchalant behaviour due to their friendship.

"Be grateful that I love you. Otherwise you would be locked up in the basement and deprived of your basic and social needs for speaking to me the way you do," Jungkook says.

"Aww! Did the heartless alpha hybrid just tell me that he loves me?!" Taehyung coos in awe.

Jungkook pokes the inside of his cheek with his tongue out of annoyance before he walks towards the door to leave the room.

"Jokes aside," Taehyung says and sits upright in his bed, "There's something I need to tell you."

Jungkook looks at Taehyung and asks, "What is it?"

"You remember the alpha who died yesterday? A couple hours ago to be exact," Taehyung brings up.

"Refusing to complete the transition was solely his decision, thus he killed himself," Jungkook says, "But yes, I do remember him. Why do you ask?"

"Do you remember how many wolves were in the pack?" Taehyung asks.

Jungkook's lips twitch to the side as he tries to remember the number of pack members but he never pays attention to irrelevant details so he has no clue. He's a little confused as to why he was asked such a question when everyone knows he never keeps count of his victims. Something must be up.