nine

It's late afternoon of the full moon night, and as part of making preparations, Seokjin and Jungkook are walking through the forest to Seokjin's pack's home. They just need to collect some items to chain Seokjin up, since there aren't many useful supplies in the hybrid mansion to restrain a feral werewolf without killing it. It took a lot of courage for Seokjin to volunteer to accompany Jungkook because he knows for a fact that he'll break down.

"You did not have to come with me. I could have collected the equipment myself," Jungkook says.

"It's fine," Seokjin mumbles.

They continue walking, a weirdly peaceful silence between them, until Jungkook suddenly stops and puts a finger to his lips to hush Seokjin. Having been hunted most of his life, Jungkook's always on high alert whenever he's outside the security of his home. So when he hears a heartbeat coming from inside the now abandoned home, his eyes turn a blood red and his fangs come out, ready to kill.

Seokjin also hears a third heartbeat when he finally pays attention to his surroundings. His eyebrows furrow in confusion and he sniffs to check if he can identify a scent. And, unfortunately, he can.

Peach and clementine.

"No, no, no, no, no," Seokjin mutters to himself with panic as he runs after Jungkook.

Jungkook slams the wooden door open with extreme force that it ends up breaking. When he sees an unfamiliar figure creeping around, he strides towards them. He's just about to attack (more like kill) the intruder but his path is quickly blocked.

"Stop!" Seokjin yells, shielding Jimin's smaller body with his own.

Confusion forms on Jungkook's face as his irises revert to their chocolate colour and his fangs disappear.

"Please don't hurt him," Seokjin chokes out, his vision blurry because of his tears.

Seokjin turns around and protectively wraps his arms around Jimin, holding the younger boy tight. Jimin feels like he's being suffocated because of how tight the hug is but he doesn't care. He just wants to be in his hyung's arms again.

"What is the meaning of this?" Jungkook asks in a demanding yet confused tone.

Seokjin plants a long, sweet kiss on Jimin's forehead before he turns to face Jungkook, still shielding Jimin's body.

"He's my c-cousin. I-I sent him away to keep him safe. Just don't- don't hurt him. Please don't hurt him," Seokjin says, his legs shaking out of fear. "He's all I h-have."

Seokjin expects Jungkook to rip his throat out, or anything bad to happen, but he's taken aback by Jungkook's next words.

"I understand."

Jungkook walks out of the house to continue collecting the equipment for the full moon tonight while Seokjin and Jimin stand there dumbfounded. The alpha didn't even ask how Jimin's still alive, though he most likely already knows. He just... said he understands and walked away? Shaking the shock away, Seokjin turns around and embraces Jimin again.

"What are you doing here?" Seokjin says, a bit angry yet somehow relieved.

"The full moon's tonight and I won't be able to get through it without you. I was scared of hurting Hoseok hyung and Namjoon hyung," Jimin mumbles, looking down. "I-I wanted to spend it here because the tree and garden are the closest things to you."

Seokjin tears up by hearing this and he kisses both of Jimin's cheeks. Jimin has more control of himself during full moons because he has an anchor: Seokjin. Seokjin, on the other hand, doesn't have much control because he's always reminded of his mother's death. She was killed on a full moon night and that's a memory he could never erase.