five

A few days have passed since Seokjin and Jimin have been on the run. They've spent most of their time on public transport with two bags that contain all their basic needs such as food, water, hygiene essentials, and clothes. They made pit stops to refill, restock, and have bathroom breaks (including quick washes) but they didn't rest for too long as they couldn't waste any time.

They're far away from their hometown. In fact, the left town right before sunrise the morning they were advised to run. If they had the money to leave this whole country then they would, but they have to stick to cheaper methods of escape.

Currently they're sitting in the back of a bus. This is the final transportation until they arrive at their desired destination, which is a trusted friend's home. It's only temporary because they're in desperate need of a proper sleep, which means they'll be running again once they're energised. They would have arrived at the friend's place days earlier because it only takes around 10 hours by public transport to get there, but Seokjin had a plan he needed to carry out.

As a safety precaution, the two cousins decided to leave a trail of Seokjin's blood and scent in the opposite direction of their friend's place so that they can mislead the hybrids. They have to travel straight east from their hometown to get to their friend's location so they planned a triangular shaped trail where they first travelled 4 hours north west, then 8 hours south, and lastly 4 hours north east to get back to where they stated. They were on high alert when they reached their hometown again and they caught the earliest bus to wherever to get as far away from home as possible. They got off at the last stop the bus took them to and finally began their safe journey to their friend's place. (does this make sense??)

"Jimin," Seokjin mumbles, tiredly shaking his cousin awake. "We're almost there."

Jimin lets out a soft yawn and sleepily sits upright in the seat. His eyes are threatening to close but he forces himself to keep them open. At least he'll be able to rest later, and on an actual bed.

"Next stop. Come on," Seokjin says and grabs the two bags before he gets up. 

He rings the bell and walks towards the door, Jimin following close behind. When the bus stops and the door opens, the two shout a thank you to the driver and hop off. They waste no time as they follow the directions to their destination on Seokjin's phone.

"Hyung, why did you throw your clothes away?" Jimin asks, remembering how his cousin threw the used clothes in the trash after every shower.

"The more clothes, the stronger the scent. I'll just borrow your clothes until I get new ones."

Jimin nods and holds onto Seokjin's hand as they walk along the streets. It's a bit of a walk but they eventually arrive in front of an elegant house with the most vibrant front yard. This is their first time visiting their friend's new house.

Seokjin rings the bell and the two wait for a few seconds until the door swings open, revealing an unfamiliar yet handsome man. The man's quite tall; maybe a few inches taller than Seokjin. His dyed blonde hair is neatly combed to the side and his skin is slightly tan. At first Seokjin and Jimin think they're at the wrong house but the man seems to recognise them as he gives them a dimpled smile.

"You must be Hoseok's friends. Please come in," the handsome man says and steps aside, letting the two boys in.

Jimin's firm hold on Seokjin's hand only tightens as they enter the house before the man closes the door.