12 - Unfinished Chapter + A/N

The two watched the old shopkeeper amble inside, with a lantern in his right hand. He chuckles.

"I should have been expecting you! You two kinda frightened me for a second there."

Ralsei stood up. "Oh! I'm so sorry, Seam, I knew better than to intrude like that."

The mage smiled. "No need for apologies, young one. And hello again, human." He swings a basket of dark candies off of his arm and put it on the table. "I should have been expecting you, being a regular at my shop. Hah hah."

The human and monster looked at each other.

**A/N**

hello all! unfortunately, this is all i had planned for the rest of the story before i lost my motivation to keep writing. i am terribly sorry to inform you guys that i will not be continuing this fanfic. i was 16-17 years old writing it, and i am now 20 and in college. i stopped writing so abruptly in 2019 because of a massive obsession with homestuck, and it dissolved all my drive to continue. also, and this may hurt, i am no longer very comfortable with the pairing of kris and ralsei (except for the battery acid duck ride scene in chapter 2, but ONLY that). i read this fic in its entirety last night, and i realized i mischaracterized everyone except for lancer. that means rewriting this fic, even if kris and ralsei's relationship remains platonic, is completely out of the realm of possibility. if you guys have read this fic and enjoyed it, your attention means a lot to me, and i am so sorry. please understand that i am not a machine and my preferences have changed, so please respect that.

thank you all so much for reading, i hope you all have a great day.