Chapter 2

Isabella's POV

I walk down the hall to my 3rd class of the day. I haven't seen Britt or San at all today, which I'm not used to. As I'm putting my headphones in my ears, I bump into someone and knock all of their stuff and my stuff out of their arms.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" I whisper as I help them pick up their things. "Well how about next time you look, instead of having your head stuck up your ass" they say as I slowly stand, handing them their things. They shove me into the lockers and walk away.

As I get up I see kids in a circle down the hall and hear screaming. I walk down that way and push myself to the front to see my sister and a blonde haired cheerleader fighting. The blonde slams Santana into the lockers and I put my stuff down and yanked her towards me, "do that again, I dare you" I say looking at her in her eyes with a glare.

"This isn't between me and you, freak. This is between me and her" the blonde says looking at Santana. "What did you just call her, Quinn?" Santana asks as she gets in between me, and who I now know as Quinn. "Because I would be very careful with what you say next" I grab my sisters hand so she can't go forward.

"San, it's okay just walk away. It doesn't matter" I say trying to get her to not fight anymore. I see Santana turn towards me. I look at Quinn and see her about to jump on San and jump in the middle so she won't get hurt and take a blow to the face.

They continue to fight as I lay there. Once Britt sees that I'm hurt she runs to me and helps me up "are you okay, Is?" She asks as she helps me stand. I nod as I feel blood running from my nose. I hear a teacher break them up.

"Hey, Britt, what happened between them?" I ask as she helps me to the bathroom. "Quinn told Coach Sylvester about San's 'summer surgery' and then she slapped Quinn" she says as she cleans my nose.

"She started it?" I asked getting angry. I see her nod like she didn't want to say anything else and I take a deep breath. "Alright well I have to go, I have tryouts." I say as I grab my bags. "What about San?" She shouts as I walk out. "I don't want to talk to her right now" I walk down the hall and out the door to the softball field. I realize that there is another class before the tryouts and decide to sit on the bleachers.

I sit there for a few minutes and decide to hit a couple before everyone gets here so I grab a tee and my bat and start hitting. The first couple I either ground or line drive. And finally, I hit one over. I hear clapping as I go to put up my bat and the tee. I look over and see Quinn as she sits down on the bleachers.

I keep walking and sit down beside her as I stare at the field. "Why are you here?" I ask as I play with the hem of my shirt. "I had to get something at the football field that I left at practice and saw you over here" she says as she points at the football field. I nod, "so why did you stick up for Santana" she asks confused

I smile gently thinking of my older sister, "she's my sister" I say looking back at her. She looks at me shocked. "I never knew Santana had a sister" she says. "Yep, been there for me through everything and vice versa" I say looking back at the field, "I do want to apologize, though. Not for sticking up for my sister, I'll always do that, but for her starting it. Even though she had a good reason." I get up and grab my stuff "and you might want to start hiding because if San finds out you accidentally hit me" I point to my nose that's bruised and swollen "it won't be pretty" I say laughing gently

She laughs, "I understand that, and I'm sorry about your nose" she says pointing at it "and good luck at tryouts, though you should try glee club" she says walking away

*skip tryouts*

I walk to the locker room and change into clean clothes and redo my hair since it's sweaty and all over the place. "Alright ladies, names will be posted tomorrow. I'm excited to start working with my new team. And to everyone that came today, thank you and I look forward to the season" the coach says as we all pack our stuff and leave.

I head back to the school and go towards the classroom Santana told me to come to so she can take me home when she's done. I knock on the door and step in when someone opens the door. "Hi, I'm sorry for interrupting, I was told to come here and sit and wait for my sister, if that's okay" I say looking down waiting for approval from the teacher. "Oh, yes of course, you can sit by Brittany" he smiles at me and points.

I smile and look at Brittany and head to the back row. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Santana can be a bitch and that's her seat" a brunette girl with bangs says.

I look at her and glare, "what did you just say?" I say stepping towards her "I said that Santana can be a bi-" she gets interrupted, "Rachel I would be very careful finishing that sentence" Brittany says wrapping an arm around my shoulder and kissing my temple "calm down babe, San will be here in just a minute" she whispers trying to calm me down. I nod and clench my fists still glaring.

"Why do you care about her?" She asks confused as I sit back down and close my eyes. "Stop, Rachel. It doesn't matter, let's just continue" Quinn says nodding and sending me a smile. Brittany sits down and holds my hand as the teacher continues talking.

It's about 5 minutes later when my sister walks through the door, "Sup losers, Britt have you seen Is?" She asks looking down filing her nails and walking to the back row. She's just about to sit down in my lap when she looks up and sees me "where've you been? I've been worried sick" she says and pulls me into her arms, hugging me. "And what happened to your nose?!" She asks pulling back and cupping my face. "Nothing, San, it doesn't matter. I'm fine"

I hear everyone besides Quinn and Brittany whispering. "How do they know each other?" I hear Rachel say rather loudly, "she's little Lopez!" I hear Brittany say cheerfully taking me from Santana and pulling me into her.

I hear everyone gasp and they all start talking at once. "Hey" I hear Santana say, "hey, shut it!" She yells. "Yes, Isabella is my sister. And she's off limits to you, Puckerman" she says glaring at a guy with a mohawk and wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "Now where were you?" She asks me.

"I had tryouts" I say not looking at her, still feeling mad about her starting the fight. "Why are you upset?" She asks trying to make eye contact with me. "Berry! Did you say something to her?" She asks glaring at Rachel

"She may have said something about you that made Is mad" Britt said sitting back down in her seat and pulling us with her. Santana looks at me and I just shake my head letting her know not to say anything and pick up my bag getting my headphones out and sitting on the floor up against the wall.

"Alright" the teacher says clapping his hands together. "It's nice to meet you Isabella, and now that everyone's here, we can continue our lesson" I hear him say before I put my headphones in and lay my head against San's leg. I feel my sister's fingers run through my hair and I sigh in relaxation and start singing quietly to myself.

After the first song finishes I look up and see everyone looking at me in shock before I look at my sister and Britt. I start blushing and look back down. I feel someone poking my shoulder, "you can sing?" I look up and see a really tall guy smiling at me. I shake my head. "She's amazing, she just doesn't like to sing in front of everyone" I hear Santana say, smiling down at me.

"Isabella, we would love to have you join glee club. That could be your audition if you want. You wouldn't have to do it again" the teacher says eagerly. "Could I have some time to think about it?" I ask gently as everyone starts to get up when the bell rings. The teacher nods and dismisses everyone to go home. I get up and wait for Santana to get her stuff.

I stand by the door and see everyone walk up to me, I shake all of their hands and learn what all of their names are, already knowing who I'm going to get along well with.

Quinn walks up to me last and bumps shoulder with me, smiling down at me. "How did tryouts go?" She asks me as I see Santana and Britt walking towards us. "Pretty good, I'll find out tomorrow morning if I make it or not, fingers crossed" I say smiling back at her as Santana wraps her arm around my shoulder, "ready, kiddo?" She asks. I nod as I wave to Quinn and walk with Santana and Britt to the car and we head home.

Maybe things are starting to look up for me