Chapter 25

Isabella's POV

Two weeks later, Britt and I had just gotten out of the car to go inside when I saw the door slightly open. I look towards Brittany "get in the car and go to someone's house. I'll call you later" I grab my bat out of the trunk as she stands beside me "there's no way I'm letting you go in there alone" I glare at her. "I'm not about to let something happen to you, Brittany. Go to Finn or Puck. I'll call you later" she hugs me, hesitantly getting in the car. I wait until she pulls away and slowly walk through the door. As I walk into the living room I see him sitting in the chair, waiting. "I was wondering when you'd get here" I glare at him "why're you here?" I say harshly. I grip the bat tighter "don't disrespect me, I'm your father" I shake my head "you aren't my father, you lost that title the first time you hit me and" he steps closer "I was so glad when you left. You shouldn't have come back here, I don't want you here. I hate you" I pause "you were never a father to us, you abused us. You were a sperm donor, that's all you'll ever be to me" I feel a stinging sensation on my face and start to tear up "I hit you because you were a waste of my time from the start. You were a disappointment, couldn't do anything right" I shake my head as he starts to punch me in the stomach. I bend over holding it. He starts to laugh as I stand up straight and punch him in the face repeatedly "I'm only going to say this to you once, stay away from my sister and I or I swear to god" he throws a right hook at my face and I kick him in the stomach, he starts to get tired. "Now, I think you better leave because when the cops know what happened, they'll be after you" I say as I start to feel my whole body throb from the pain. He gets up shakily and drives off.

I get my phone and call Brittany. "Are you okay?" She asks as soon as she answers "I'm okay, Britt" I pause "listen, I think you should stay at your house tonight. I don't want you to get hurt if he comes back" she immediately objects "you're not staying there by yourself, you're coming with me" I sigh running a hand down my face "fine, whatever. Just promise me when you come back to pick me up you won't freak out" she starts to sound angry "did he hit you?" I nod even though she can't see "just get here, okay? And be careful" we exchange goodbyes and I head up to my room to pack. As I pack the last thing and head down the stairs I hear the door open and Brittany's voice. I get down the last step and see her on the phone as she turns to me "shit" her eyes are wide as she takes in my face and stomach. Someone on the other line must have said something because she snapped back to reality. "I'll let you talk to her" I look at her confused as I take the phone from her. "Hello?" I say still confused "are you okay? Brittany called me as soon as she headed back to you. Who was it? Are you hurt? Do you want me to come back?" I hear my sisters voice through the phone, making me less nervous and scared. I slide down the wall "San" I look up and Britt as she listens to my side of the conversation intently. "San, it was dad" I hear both of them take a sharp intake of breath "what happened?" Her voice shakes. I start to tear up "I asked him why he was here, he just said I shouldn't disrespect him. Then, I told him how much I hated him and that's when it went downhill. San, whatever you do, I want you to stay in New York. It's safe there. I'm going to call the police and tell them what happened" she immediately protests "hell no! I'm coming back. I have to make sure you're okay. I know you'll start to have the nightmares again, Isabella. And even though I know Brittany would do a good job of taking care of you, you're my sister and I need to make sure you'll be okay. Expect me in Lima in a few hours" she says as she hangs up. Brittany helps me up, bringing me into a hug "I was so worried. Does it hurt?" I nod, slightly wincing "yeah, a little, but let's wait to put something on it until we get back to your house. I don't want to chance him coming back" she nods as I grab my bag and we walk out the door "oh and Is?" I hum so she can continue "you should be expecting visitors in a little bit" I look at her confused "well, I was with Finn at the school and the rest of our friends were still there so they might come over. I also saw Riley and Maya on my way out and they asked about you so they'll be there too" I smile slightly and nod as she drives to her house. As we get to her house and walk in, Brittany and I go up to her room. I lay down on her bed as I start to feel sleepy "go ahead and take a nap, Is. I'll wake you up when everyone's here" I nod slowly, my eyes closing. I feel her put an ice pack on my stomach as I start to fall asleep.