Chapter 22

Isabella's POV

Quinn and I had been doing good when she first left, and then as time went on it was like I was the one putting in all the effort. I've been lucky if we get to talk once a week, yet our calls only last five minutes before she has to go do something. I just don't want to give up on us, I really love her. Another person I haven't talked to is Santana. I try to call her and she doesn't answer, or if she does answer she tells me she's busy and that she'll call back. She never does. I had to learn from Brittany that she was coming home for a couple of days. It feels like I'm the only one that cares about my relationship with people. Thankfully, I've kept in touch with Puck, Mercedes, Rachel, and Finn. Though, Finn stopped writing letters and calling a little over a month ago. I just guess that he's busy.

I had just gotten back from school and went upstairs to change when I had gotten a phone call from Quinn, and instantly when I heard her voice I knew it wasn't good. "I can't do this anymore" I heard Quinn say as we were both crying "I just can't, we never get to talk because I'm so busy and I just can't" she said as I try to quiet by sobs. "We can work this out, Quinn. I love you too much to give up on us" I hear her take a breath "I can't do this anymore, Isabella. I have to go" she hangs up the phone as I sit there, crying in my room. The rest of the night, I cried. I felt like my heart was being stabbed and decided I wasn't going to school tomorrow. I put on music and just sit there in my bed, looking at the ceiling.

The next day, I hear someone knock on the door downstairs and turn the music up louder thinking they'll go away. I look down and realize I'm wearing one of Quinn's sweatshirts and start crying harder as I curl up into a ball. I hear my door open and people gasp. I look up and see Brittany, Santana, Finn (apparently he came from New York), and Marley (who I had started to get close to) "what the hell happened?" I hear Santana say as they come closer. I shake my head and wipe my eyes. "Q-Quinn broke up with me" I say shakily. Brittany runs over to me, pulling me into her lap as she runs her hand through my hair "I thought she loved me, y-you know? I was putting as much effort as I could so we could stay together and she just said she couldn't handle it" I sniff. Santana comes over and hugs me with the rest of them "I just couldn't handle going to school, I haven't slept, I haven't eaten" I pause "hey, Finn, I missed you" he laughs gently and walks over before taking me from Britt and San "come here" I lay in his arms and start to cry again "okay, Britt, Marley why don't you guys go to the store and get ice cream and junk food. And Finn and I'll pick out movies and try to calm her down" I hear Santana say as she comes closer to me "okay, Babe, I can tell you that this music doesn't help" she says starting to get up "just let me be in pain. The love of my life just broke up with me" she sighs as Brittany and Marley kiss my head before leaving. "She probably met someone better, I knew she would" Finn plays with my hair "there's no one better than you. She's stupid if that's what really happened" I look at Santana "I missed you so much" she nods "I missed you, too. I'm sorry we haven't talked in over, like, a month" I nod as she kisses my head "maybe you should sing? Let out your emotions, it could make you feel better" I hear Finn say. I nod hesitantly and get up going downstairs and go to the piano. Santana sits beside me as Finn leans against the piano. I take a deep breath, close my eyes and start to sing.

I'd like to say "I'm okay", but I'm not
I try, but I fall, close my mind, turn it off
But I can't be sober, I cannot sleep
You've got your peace now, but what about me?

Thought we had the time, had our lives
Now you'll never get older, older
Didn't say goodbye, now I'm frozen in time
Getting colder, colder

One last word
One last moment
To ask you why
You left me here behind
You said you'd grow old with me

We had plans, we had visions, now I can't see ahead
We were one, we were golden, forever, you said
But I can't be sober, I cannot sleep
You've got your peace now, but what about me?

Thought we had the time, had our lives
Now you'll never get older, older
Didn't say goodbye, now I'm frozen in time
Getting colder, colder

One last word
One last moment
To ask you why
You left me here behind
You said you'd grow old with me

Thought we had the time, had our lives
Now you'll never get older, older
Didn't say goodbye, now I'm frozen in time
Getting colder, colder

Just one last word
One last moment
To ask you why
You left me here behind
You said you'd grow old with me

I kept my eyes closed as I start to silently cry with my head on my sisters shoulder "San?" I whisper. She hums for me to continue "it hurts" she kisses my head "I know it does, we'll get through this" Finn nods in agreement "we will." He pauses "I got you this before I came here" he says pulling something out of his pocket. He hands it to me "it's a replica of the necklace you gave me, except it has my initials on it since mine has yours" I look at him before running into his arms "I'm so glad I have you" I whisper to him. He grins against my head and kisses my head "I'll always be here for you" he whispers.

When Brittany and Marley get back, we start to watch movies. "He's such a liar!" I throw one of my chips at the tv. "Calm down, Is. it's okay" I hear Marley say as she hugs me. I take a deep breath and calm down, "How was school today?" I ask Marley with my head on her chest "it was boring without you. Tina and Artie asked about you. They missed you" she said whispering to me. I smile at her "I missed you too, Mar" she smiles back at me. The rest of the night was spent with the ones that I love.

As I get up the next morning to make breakfast for everyone, I look down at the sweatshirt I'm wearing and start to tear up a little bit. I furiously wipe my eyes and get started on breakfast. I make pancakes, biscuits, bacon, eggs, sausage, and french toast. I had just gotten everything on the table when they all walked in "woah" I hear Finn say as he runs to the table and makes his plate. "I'll be back, I'm gonna go change" I say to them as I leave them to eat. As I get up stairs, I sit on my bed. I hear someone come into the room and look to see Britt. She smiles at me before sitting next to me and throwing her arm around me "now that we're alone. How're you?" She asks brushing hair from my face "it hurts, Britt" I say quietly. She nods at me "I know it does, but you still have me" I smile at her "and that's all I need" she kisses my head