Chapter 18

Isabella's POV

I hear beeping and feel someone holding my hand as I slowly start to wake up. I open my eyes slowly and see Santana sitting beside my bed holding my hand, asleep, with tear tracks down her face, Tina and Mike cuddled up on a little couch asleep, and Brittany on the other side of my bed asleep. I slowly try to pick up the hand my sister isn't holding and wince. I look over and see a cast on my arm. I huff and slowly start to sit up, having trouble, and plop back down when I see I won't be able to do it. I look down at my leg once I start to feel it hurting and see dried blood and stitches right on my knee cap.

I hear someone groan and look to see Tina and Mike both waking up. They both look around until they make eye contact with me and smile, getting up and walking over to me "Hey, how're you feeling?" I smile slightly back at them "everything hurts" I wince "what injuries do I have?" They sigh "your knee was cut down to the ligaments and tendons, so they had to do stitches on the inside and fifteen on the outside. And then you broke your arm, with some bruising on your chest. If you'd seen the car, you'd realize how lucky you are to be alive" Tina says starting to tear up. I look around and then my eyes widen as I try to get up with my heart monitor starting to go crazy "Quinn, where's Quinn? I need to see her!" I take my hand away from Santana's and pull the sheet off of me. Mike hurries to gently push me back down and put the sheet back on "Quinn's okay. She's fine. She's in a wheel chair, she did something to her spine. She didn't have to have surgery or anything like that" I sigh and nod.

I hear two more groans and look to see Santana and Brittany opening their eyes. I see Santana look at me as she starts crying again. She wraps her arms around me, repeatedly kissing my head and whispering things to me in Spanish. I wince and she pulls back apologizing. I feel my hospital bed dip and look to my side to see Brittany. She lays down beside me, pulling me into her and making me rest my head on her chest "have you seen Quinn? I need to know that she's okay" she nods "she's okay, the others are with her right now. They're going to come see you in a little bit. She was freaking out earlier, tried to get out of her wheel chair to come see you" I nod and sigh "how're you, babe?" I hear Brittany whisper against my head. "I need the drugs. My knee is killing me" I groan Santana laughs "I'll get the doctor" I nod as she walks out. A few minutes later I hear people run into my room. I look up to see Mercedes, Puck, Finn, And Rachel "Do you like giving me heart attacks?" Mercedes says coming up to me, slapping my shoulder as I wince. Everyone gasps "Mercedes, she legit has bruises everywhere on her body" Mike says as I nod. Clenching my teeth "I guess I deserve that for giving you a heart attack" Finn and Puck come up to me "we thought you might want your big bros beside you after you got up, so we waited so we wouldn't wake you" Puck says sitting on my bed as Finn nods "also, we totally got some weed if the medicine isn't legit" Puck says, trying to whisper. I laugh gently "thanks guys" I look up at Finn as he bends down and hands me a stuffed animal "I stopped to get this for you. I named it already, it's Finn" I smile "I love it" I laugh. I look at Rachel and see her crying and open my arms "come here, Rach" she comes into my arms as I kiss her head "it isn't your fault, so don't blame yourself. It could have happened to anyone" she nods sniffling as Santana walks back in with a nurse "okay let's get you some pain medication"

Santana comes back to sit next to me and takes my hand as. "Alright so, you'll be in a wheel chair until your stitches get out in a few weeks. You can't bend your knee because the stitches could pop out, and you'll be put into a brace type thing to keep it straight. Who will be staying with her" he looks around the room as Santana and Brittany raise their hands "okay, you'll need to redress her knee once a day. The stitches can't get wet for two weeks, after that she'll be able to take an actual shower. So, I think that's it. Any questions?" Santana nods "yeah, so, does she need to wait a few days before she goes back to school" the doctor nods "yes, wait about a week, by then the pain shouldn't be as bad as it is now" I nod.

"alright, in a few hours you should be able to be discharged. Let me know if you have anymore questions, Miss Lopez" Santana nods and closes the door behind him "the drugs are kicking in" I say starting to feel light as I look around the room. "Oh I'm totally filming this" I hear Puck say, taking out his phone. "Is" he calls my name. I look at him, flipping him off. Everyone laughs as Santana sits beside me, brushing my hair behind my ear. I start to cry "what's wrong?" She asks worriedly "I'm just-just so lucky to have you as my sister. I don't want you to leave me" she sighs as everyone coos at us. I hear the door open as Quinn gets rolled in by Blaine and Kurt "Quinn! You're here! You're so beautiful" I sigh as she gets closer to the bed "she had pain medication about 15 minutes ago so she's kinda out of it" Puck says as she nods, understanding. "How're you, babe?" I put my head in my hand, staring at her "the best I've ever been, now that you're here" she blushes "damn, she has game" I hear Mercedes say "okay, baby, maybe you should go to sleep" I nod "are you okay, though?" I ask her getting further into bed. She nods "with a little physical therapy, I'll be walking soon" I nod "that's good" I whisper. She chuckles rolling closer before kissing my forehead "get some sleep, okay?" I nod "y'all will stay, right?" They nod and all come to kiss my head before sitting back down "San" I call out to her as I'm closing my eyes "yeah, Is?" I scoot over on the bed "come lay with me, please" I hear her sigh as she gets into bed beside me. "I love you, Is" I nod "love you too" I say before falling asleep.

The next time I wake, I see everyone sitting up watching a movie. I feel my sister wrap an arm around my waist. "You ready to go home soon?" I nod "well, the doctor should be in soon to discharge you" I yawn "you're up!" I hear Finn yell as he runs over. Everyone follows suit, Brittany laying down on the other side of me with the little room we have left. "Puck!" He whips his head to me "what?" I look at him "get me food" he laughs, nodding and walking out. "Hungry, babe?" I hear Quinn ask. I nod "I still feel out of it" Santana sits up "you will for a little bit. You had some visitors while you were asleep" I look at her confused "Mr. Schue, Coach Beiste, even some of the girls from your softball team. Oh! and Artie" I smile "That was nice of them. I feel bad I didn't get to see any of them" Mercedes walks up "girl, don't feel bad, you needed to rest" everyone else nods their head, agreeing.

Puck walks back into the room with a paper bag "alright so it was either McDonald's or cafeteria food, and I wasn't about to get you literal shit on a plate" he says walking over. I laugh "well I guess I have to learn how to do all of this left handed now" they laugh with me as I eat my food. An hour later the doctor comes in "alright let's get you out of here. Can someone help her change really quickly? And then we'll put the brace on and wheel you out" everyone leaves except for Brittany and Santana. "Alright, hands up" I lift up my hands as she puts my shirt on. "Shorts will be the easiest thing so I'll help you lift your foot" she lifts my bad foot as we put my shorts on. We get into the wheel chair as Brittany wheels us to the car.

I hug everyone, giving Quinn a kiss before they help me in as we start driving home. We get inside, going to the living room. I sit on the couch, propping my foot on the table in front. "I will be walking by graduation" I whisper to myself "what?" Santana says sitting beside me "I'll be walking by the time you graduate. I'm not missing it, I can't. I want to be able to take you out to eat to celebrate afterwards and take pictures with you" I start to cry. She smiles at me "and you will" she helps me get up and walk into my room, getting me in the bed. She gets in the other side. "Wake me up if you need pain meds in the middle of the night, okay? And I'll wake you up before I leave for school so you can go to the bathroom first. And don't forget to call me if you need something while I'm gone" I nod my head, slowly falling into a deep sleep.