Chapter 27

Isabella's POV

"I'm not sure, Britt. I was thinking about going to visit Finn and Puck soon, but I also really wanna go see San" we were in the bathroom talking. "I'll go with you to see her. It can be just like old times, we can watch movies and build forts. It'll be great" I nod smiling at her "that sounds amazing, we can plan it-" I get interrupted by what sounds like gun shots. I look at Brittany and see her eyes wide. I push her into a stall and get into the one beside her and close my eyes "Is" I put my hand through the crack so she can grab it "I won't let anything happen to you, Britt. That's a promise" I hear her start to cry, making me tear up. I take my phone out, texting San, Puck, Finn, Mercedes, Tina, Artie, and Marley that I love them. I put my phone in my pocket and step onto the toilet, climbing into Britt's stall. She looks at me and brings me into her arms "it's gonna be okay, Britt" she shakily kisses my head, intertwining our fingers "I love you, Isabella" I hug her tighter "Britt, I need to confess something" she looks at me "I was like head over heels in love with you before I dated Quinn. Now, I kinda just see you as my sister. Which is good since San is still in love with you" she laughs quietly sitting her head on mine "and I just want to thank you for being there for me through everything with my parents. I don't know what I would've done without you, you're my soulmate" she sighs quietly "you're mine too" we hear someone run by the door and start to cry again. I start to play with the necklace that Finn got me and close my eyes. I start to not be able to breathe and look at Brittany. She takes my hand "focus on me, breathe in deep and breathe out slowly, okay?" I nod and try to do what she says "it'll be okay, we always look out for each other" I try to smile at her and set my head in the crook of her neck. We hear someone walk in and look at each other, holding our breath until we hear his voice "Brittany, Isabella?" We sigh "Mr. Schue" we pull away from each other and run into his arms as I start to sob "it's okay, Isabella, it's okay" he let's go of Brittany and takes me into his arms, cradling my head. I look towards Brittany as we pull back and we hug again "I love you so much" she says to me as we hold onto each other like our lives depend on it. "Alright, let's go back to the choir room" we nod as we walk quietly down the hallway. As we reach the door and Mr. Schue knocks, we see a swat member point into the room. We hurriedly walk into the room and see everyone sprawled out in different directions. Everyone cries when they see us. Brittany runs to Sam as Marley, Kitty, and Unique run to me. "Oh my god, don't ever do that to me again" I hear Kitty whisper in my ear as she hugs me tight. Kitty and I had become really close the last few weeks. She had become one of my best friends. I feel someone poke me on the shoulder and see Sam "thank you for being there for her" I hear San whisper to me as he hugs me "always, she's my best friend" he smiles at me before walking back to her. I see Artie looking at me with tears streaming down his face, sitting on the floor. I run to him and pull him into the hug "are you okay? Where's Tina?" I ask frantically, looking around. "She's okay, she's not at school" I nod as we hug each other tight. Someone helps him into his wheelchair and as I stand up, my phone starts to vibrate. I pull it out of my pocket and see my sister calling and start to cry again. I answer it, "San" I hear her crying on the other line as I sit down in one of the chairs "Isabella, are you okay?" I put my head in my hand "it was so scary San, I didn't think I was going to see you again. Britt and I were in the bathroom when it happened" I hear her trying to calm her breathing "I'm so glad you're okay" I hear her whisper "I love you" I say to her as she sighs "I love you so much. You call me tonight, okay?" We tell each other goodbye and I sit there staring at the floor. I feel someone sit beside me on both sides and look to see Brittany and Kitty "are you okay?" Brittany asks rubbing my back. I shake my head "I could've never seen my sister again" I look at both of them, they pull me into a hug. As we pull away I hear someone run into the room. I look towards the door and see Maya running towards me. She cups my face and pulls me into a kiss. We pull back "I thought I'd never see you again and tell you how I feel" we rest our foreheads against each other "I was so worried about you. Are you okay? Where's Riley?" She pulls back gently "I'm fine, I don't have a scratch. Riley's good too, she stayed in the classroom with some of our friends" she caresses my face before she looks around the room and blushes "well this is awkward" I look at all my friends and see them smiling at me. "Nah, they're family"

The next day as I walk into school, I see Tina and Blaine walking down the hallway. As Tina makes eye contact with me, she runs straight into my arms "thank god you're okay. I was so worried when I heard you were in the bathroom when it happened" she starts to cry "I'm fine, Tina. Don't worry" she nods, wiping her eyes. She holds hands with Blaine and walks down the hallway. I walk down the hall and see Kitty and Marley hugging and smile at them. As I put my books in my locker I feel someone hug me from behind "Hey, you" I hear Maya say, putting her chin on my shoulder before leaning on the locker beside mine. "Hey" I smile at her before kissing her cheek. Someone clears their throat "I'm here, too, and I'm way more important than her" I hear Riley say. I laugh and pull her into a hug "good to see you, Riles" she smiles at me as I pull back and shut my locker "how're you today?" I hear Maya say, grabbing my hand. I shrug "I didn't sleep last night. Plus, Britt and I are like attached to each other. We're scared something will happen" they both nod "that's understandable. You guys were trapped together, plus you're best friends" I hear Maya say "she's been attached to Sam too, or more like he's been attached to her" they nod as we walk past Kitty and Marley. They pull away from each other and pull me into a hug next "bitch, I swear if you do that to me again, I won't talk to you ever again" I laugh at Kitty as she pulls back and glares at me "I won't do it again, swear" I put my hands up in surrender "you better not" she starts to walk backwards "movie night at my house Friday?" I nod giving her a thumbs up. I look at Marley "how's your mom?" She sighs leaning against the lockers "shaken up" I nod "I feel that" she looks at me "we were all worried about you and Britt, Is" I nod smiling "I know, I was worried about you guys too" we look at each other as we tear up and pull each other into a hug. We pull back and wipe our eyes "I'll see you at the secret glee club meeting" I nod and smile at her. I turn around "I'm sorry about that, we're all really attached to each other right now" they shake their heads "don't be, we get it. They're you're family" I smile at them "I'll see you guys later? I have to go find Britt and then go to the glee club meeting" they nod as I kiss Maya's cheek and give Riley a hug before walking down the hall.

I walk into the auditorium with Britt, she sits down in front of Sam as I sit next to Kitty and Artie. I smile at them before looking at Tina and scooting next to her, wrapping an arm around her as we all sing

Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so called problems
Better put 'em in quotations

Say what you need to say
...
Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living up the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead
If you could only

Say what you need to say

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over

You better know that in the end
It's better to say too much
Than never to say what you need to say again
...
Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open
Wide heart

Say what you need to say
Say what you need to say (Say what you need to say)

Say what you need to say (Oh say what)

Say what you need to say (Oh say)
Say what you need to say (Oh say what)