Chapter 20

Isabella's POV

I walk into the choir room sitting beside Tina, behind my sister, as we wait for Mr. Schue. I had gotten my stitches out a few days before, and I'm walking pretty well. "Okay! A big congrats to all our prom nominees!" I put my hands on Santana's shoulder squeezing them and smile at her when she turns around. "But, hey, listen up. We are all winners, because Principal Figgins asked New Directions to sing again this year!" We all look at each other with bored looks on our face.

"All right. Brittany has an announcement." I clap obnoxiously loud "wooh! Yeah!" She points at me smiling "thank you, I love you" I smile giving her a thumbs up "Hello, my fellow Americans. The theme for this year's prom will be" she pauses doing a drumroll with her feet on the floor "dinosaurs" I give her a thumbs up. "Sheer genius" Santana says at the same time as I say, "the best idea I've ever heard", nodding. "The refreshments will be berries, meat and rainwater. As you are no doubt aware, the U.S. elections are riddled with corruption. Therefore, to keep the prom elections completely aboveboard, I have appointed Santana and Quinn to count the ballots." I look down. "And last but not least, all hair gel has been banned from the prom." I nod smiling at her "I hereby decree this to be the best prom Ever." Santana and I stand up, clapping.

We're all sitting in the choir room as Rachel's talking about some anti-prom party when my sister stands up "Can we just talk about what this really is? Rachel Berry isn't getting her way, so she's punishing the rest of us." Rachel smiles at her "Santana, that's not the case at all." Santana shakes her head and continues "Stop acting like you're fine and start dealing with your crap. Look, you choked at your big audition. I get it. I'm sorry, but it happens. And I understand that you're pissed off at the universe, but imploding on one of the last nights that we have to spend together because, basically, you're just not in the mood to dance is maybe the pettiest thing you have ever done.
So have fun at your "I'm a victim" party, acting like you're not some selfish, self-centered, lame-ass wannabe diva from hell, because me, I'm going to go to my senior prom with my girlfriend, my sister and my friends." She says finishing. "Actually, I'm not going" I say quietly. She snaps her head in my direction "why not? Aren't you going with Quinn?" I shake my head looking down "she's not completely out to everyone, just the glee club, she isn't ready and I don't want to push her to come out if she isn't comfortable. Plus, she's campaigning with Finn. I'll just stay home that night, but you guys have fun" I say looking at her and Britt as everyone listens to us. I smile at everyone and walk out.

*The night of prom*

As Santana's about to be done getting ready, I hear someone knocking on our door. "Is, I think that's Britt, can you get that?" I hear her say. I yell up to her "yeah! I got it!" I open the door and Brittany steps in, smiling. "You look gorgeous, Britt" I smile at her as she pulls me into a hug "thanks, Is. where's San?" She asks looking around the house "she should be done in just a sec" I say as we sit down. She nods "I'm sorry about Quinn" she says taking my hand. I shake my head "don't be. She isn't ready, I understand that" she smiles goofily "you can still come with us, we'll wait" I laugh gently "no, Britt. This is your last prom. It won't be as special if I'm there" I hear someone come down the stairs "you're right, it would be even more special" Britt and I look towards the stairs and gasp. Santana smiles bashfully. "You're so beautiful" I hear Brittany whisper to her. I get up and walk towards them "okay, I'm not about to go all protective sister mode. Just get her home safely and have fun, okay. I'll see you guys there in a little bit since Mr. Schue is still making me come to perform. Oh! Let me get some pictures really quick" I take some pictures of them and smile at them when I get done "I love you guys" they smile back at me "we love you too" they hesitate to walk out the door "are you sure you don't wanna go?" I smile sadly, shaking my head "it's okay, I'll see you guys later. Call me if you need me" they nod, kissing my head, before getting in the car and leaving. I sigh, shutting the door, I had an hour and a half before I had to be there so I got up to start getting ready.