•1•

**This book is copywrite to eternity_xx**

Picture of Callie (Played by Claire Julien)

•Callie's POV•

We cannot foresee the future.

We plan dates, appointments, and events, yet we are all stuck in the present, waiting in anticipation for what awaits in our lifetime.

Some call it fate, others call it a mystery.

But me, I call it a voyage.

Why do I call it this? I see life, in all my sixteen years so far, as a ship. Sailing the undiscovered seas, heading to the horizon, battling rough seas and taking in the picturesque landscapes along the way.

Your destination? Well that's the exciting part, for you don't know where you'll end up.

Especially when you're well, not exactly a normal human being.

Since my mother is a weretiger and my father a werewolf, they were not sure what was to be expected of their children.

But when my brother, Alec, didn't shift on his thirteenth birthday and I did, things became a little clearer.

I am a weretiger, I look like my mother when shifted, though I have full black patches of fur on my front paws.

Alec is a werewolf, Jet black like my father, apart from the patches of white he's gained on his front paws.

There's suddenly a loud banging sound on my door.

"Get up Waterbug! Time for school!" Alec shouts through the door.

"I'm up you idiot!" I shout back playfully.

"This is why I don't treat you as nicely as I could!" He replies, his voice fading a little as he obviously travels down the stairs.

I pin the picture of the sun setting over the ocean back on my cork board, the board full of beach and beautiful island pictures.

I grab my phone and slip it into the back pocket of my shorts, walking out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

Unsurprisingly, this is where I find Alec.

"You're useless at getting me up for school, you know that right?" I ask, grabbing an apple. Just like my mother, I'm vegetarian too.

He give me a look, "Hey, you ask me to get you up for school, I do."

I gesture to the clock, "Not when I have five minutes until I have to leave."

He looks at it and then gently punches me in the arm, "You need to live on the wild side more Waterbug. I was always late for school." He says, using my nickname he picked up when we were little, as I have always loved the water.

I roll my eyes, "You hardly cared about school and your teachers knew you were the future Alpha, you got a free pass."

He leans back on the kitchen counter, crossing his arms and his ankles, "You're the future Alpha's sister, you'd get away with it too."

Alec has definitely more of my Dad's features, with bright green eyes and shaggy light brown hair, the only thing different between the two is that Alec has softer facial features than my Dad.

"And you're nineteen and still mateless." I tease, grabbing my bag from one of the kitchen stools.

I hear him sigh, "That has nothing to do with what we're talking about, why do you always use it against me?"