1

A/N: There will be sexual content in this book. Chapters with smut will have a * in the title, so if you don't like smut then don't read those chapters.

~Catalina's POV~

"Cat!" My best friend, Sadie, yelled at me from down the school hallway. My head snapped up as I stood in front of my locker, trying to get it open. I looked over at her, her long red hair immediately catching my eye in the crowd as she made her way towards me. "What?" I asked when she was close enough to me, frowning.

Sadie's brown eyes scanned over my attire and I noticed the way her nose scrunched up. "Ew." She said. "What on earth are you wearing?" She asked, looking at me as if I were an abomination.

I frowned and looked down at my own clothes, a little offended. "What?" I asked, not seeing what was wrong with what I was wearing. I had on a black T-shirt that had a detailed skeleton on the front, its hands loosely clasped together in front with a baggy jacket covering its torso, while my pants were just a pair of simple army-green camo pants that I had my shirt very messily tucked into. My black combat boots were laced up my feet, my dark brown hair falling freely down my back.

"You look like...a hobo!" She exclaimed in a panic, causing me to furrow my brows. I knew for a fact that I didn't look like a hobo. Sadie and I had very varying choices in clothes, so she very often ridiculed me for what I wore. She liked to doll herself up in heels and skirts, which wasn't a problem, but I didn't like them personally. "I do not." I snorted, shoving a book into my bag before I slammed my locker door shut.

"Yes, you do! Why would you wear this on your first day of senior year?!" She gaped down at me, her heels giving her a height advantage over me. She was taller than me in general, but the heels boosted her up even more. I raised a brow up at her, swinging my bag onto my back. "Because I'm comfortable in this." I shrugged, sighing.

I loved Sadie, really, but sometimes I got really tired of her telling me what I should wear and shouldn't, which happened a lot. She wanted me to dress more girly, even after she knew it wasn't my thing. "But you look like a tomboy." She whined, her perfectly arched brows furrowing together in frustration. Unimpressed, I crossed my arms over my shoulders. "Sadie, I don't care." I stated flatly, glancing at the watch I had on my wrist. The bell wasn't set to ring for another ten minutes, unfortunately.

"I can tell." She muttered bitterly, scanning my attire with disgust. I shook my head and spun around, stalking off towards the direction of the cafeteria, where I could sit until the bell went off for us to go to our first class.

Sadie's heels clicked against the ground as she hurried after me, following me into the cafeteria. "Cat, you could be so hot if you just tried!" She complained, tugging at the sleeve of my short sleeved shirt. "But instead you wear these things." She sighed, shaking her head in disappointment. "And you never curl your hair, or even part it differently or anything." She continued, probably inspecting my hair.

Personally, I didn't think there was anything wrong with my hair. Sure, I had a middle part and my hair was straight, but it wasn't awful. I liked it. "If you don't shut up, I'm going to rip your eyelashes off." I threatened, glancing up at the lashes that she had perfectly glued on. She scowled and pinched my arm hard, causing me to yip in pain and jerk away. "If you rip mine off, I'll rip yours off!" She huffed.

I smiled in amusement, sitting down at the table as I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm just trying to help you, babe. You put effort into your face, but nothing else." She pouted, scanning her eyes over the makeup on my face. I rolled my eyes and shrugged, leaning back into my chair. "That's because I like the way I dress and the way my hair looks." I said simply.