13

~Catalina's POV~

I sat down at lunch with Felix and Titus, waiting for Sadie and Willow to show up. Natalie, knowing her, was probably in the library. She went there a lot. It might as well have been a second home to her.

Of course, when the two girls did come, they both eyed me and my clothes with distaste. Sadie, for once, didn't say anything and instead just sat down at the table, but Willow did. Her nose scrunched up and she crossed her thin arms over her chest, standing still by the table. "Do you even try to look good anymore?" She drawled, her lips curling up a little in disgust.

With a roll of my eyes, I sent her an unimpressed look. "Do you try to be a bitch or is that just something that comes naturally to you?" I asked flatly, slouching back in my chair with my arms crossed over my chest. Felix snickered from next to me, trying and failing to hide it by holding his hand over his mouth. I kept my expression impassive, even while she was glaring at me like I was the devil himself. Willow didn't deserve any type of reaction or emotion from me. She placed her small hands on her small hips, glaring at me intently. "At least I don't look like an emo!" She hissed stupidly, as if that were the best comeback in history.

Felix's eyes glimmered with amusement while he sat beside me silently, a grin on his lips as he watched our little spat go down. He was clearly enjoying it. "Wow," I drawled emotionlessly, looking up at her. "You wound me."

"Don't most people go through their emo phase around fourteen?" She mocked, raising a brow at me. I felt Felix softly pat my leg, as if to silently assure me that he didn't think I looked bad. He never thought that. "Don't you have someone else's presence to disturb?" I sighed, wishing she'd just shut up. Hearing her bitch at me was worse than hearing it from Sadie because at least I liked Sadie. Willow just snorted and rolled her eyes, smirking in amusement. "Just yours." She said, shaking her head.

"Shut up, you moron. You're wasting your breath and my time." I muttered, rolling my eyes. Felix snickered and lightly judged my leg with his, eating one of his French fries from his tray. Willow scowled a little and plopped down in her seat beside Sadie, who sent me an apologetic smile for her friend's behavior. I ran a hand through my hair, tapping my fingernails lightly against the surface of the table. "Don't listen to her. You look great." Titus said, giving me a friendly smile that caused me to smile back.

It wasn't like I'd dressed into something super unusual today. Honestly, it was quite the opposite. I'd dressed in a pair of ripped black skinny jeans with a double grommet belt and a double chain that hung from my waistband. I had a cropped tank top with a lettuce edge along the bottom and the little playboy bunny in the middle of the shirt, paired with my all-black converse. On my right hand I had a simple ring wrapped around my ring finger, a thin band that had the word 'bitch' engraved across it. I had my usual hair tie around my wrist and a few chains around my neck.

My outfit was very basic, but it seemed that people like Willow and Sadie interpreted wearing black as immediately being emo, which wasn't the case. I just liked to wear black a lot. There wasn't anything wrong with that, or at least there shouldn't have been.

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't notice how everyone had gone quiet at the table until I looked up, only to see them all staring right behind me at something. A confused frown formed on my face and I turned, squealing in surprise when I was met with the sight of Luke, who stood there a little shyly. It was as if he hadn't wanted to bother me because he was scared that, well, he'd be bothering me. I placed a hand on the edge of the table and turned in my chair to face him more, my brows furrowed in confusion now. "Luke." I said, staring up at him. "What are you doing here?" I asked, confused and uncertain. He never, ever came over to me during lunch. I never did that to him, either, so it was new for both of us.