2

~Catalina's POV~

When Lunch rolled around, Titus and I stalked together down the hall towards the cafeteria, planning on meeting up there with Sadie for lunch. "You really didn't do anything for summer?" He drawled, brows furrowed in uncertainty.

I looked up at him, shaking my head. "Sure didn't." I chirped, causing him to snort. "No boyfriend? Summer fling? Something?" He wondered, but I only shook my head again. "What's with you and Sadie and thinking I need a boyfriend? I've not gotten one before and that didn't change just because it was summertime." I remarked, huffing. He chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. "I was just wondering. I had to make sure nobody deflowered you while I was gone." He said, the seriousness in his voice causing me to laugh. "Yeah, didn't happen." I assured, amused.

"Good." He hummed, leading me through the crowd of people in the cafeteria. I chuckled and shook my head, used to his protective behavior towards me. The two of us searched the tables and the crowd for Sadie, trying to find her so the three of us could go sit down. When I spotted her, she was already sat at a table with a few other of our friends. I grabbed Titus' wrist and he looked down at me, following me as I started towards the table. When we got there, Sadie looked up from the tray she had in front of her and grinned at Titus and I. "There you two are!" She cheered, her lips in a pretty grin. I gave her a lame wave and sat down, seeing that she had gotten me the ravioli from the lunch line. Titus sat beside me, a pizza on his tray. "Hey." We both greeted her, scooting in our chairs.

I had my backpack slung over the back of my chair, hanging there instead of on my back. "Hey, Cat." Felix purred at me from beside Sadie, causing me to scrunch my nose up a little. "No." I said flatly, sending him a look that made him laugh. Titus snorted from next to me, knowing Felix's habit of trying to seduce me. Even as one of my best friends, Felix had no shame in voicing his attraction towards me, and I had no shame in turning him down every time. Felix pouted. "One of these days, Catalina. One of these days." He sighed dejectedly. I only shook my head, giving him a doubtful look. "Keep on dreaming." I said simply, to which he grinned dirtily. "Oh, I will." He hummed.

The tone of his voice made me scrunch my nose up and I shook my head, disgusted. "You're dumb." I muttered, beginning to eat some of the ravioli that I'd been given. Felix just laughed.

Sadie had an amused smile on her face along with Titus and Natalie, another friend of ours. Lastly, there was Willow, a friend of Sadie's. Did I like Willow? No, not at all. She was a bitch and treated me like dirt, so I had no liking for her whatsoever. It took a lot for me to not like someone, but she had managed it easily. Willow just sat there with a bored look on her face, her arms crossed over her chest. She was pretty with her black hair and blue eyes, long tan legs and petite figure, but she didn't have the good personality to match it.

Once I had finished eating my ravioli, I got up, needing to throw away my trash and put the tray up. Instead of watching where I was going like a normal person, I counted the tiles in front of me as I walked. It was just a habit that I had, and not a very good one, evidently. I was nearly to the trash can when I slammed right into someone, the leftover sauce from my ravioli smashing all over his shirt. His white shirt. Fuck!

My lips parted in horror and I immediately stepped away, the bowl falling to the floor at his feet. I forced myself to look up at the tall specimen in front of me, being met with an unfamiliar face. He must've been new here because I hadn't seen him around. "Shit, sorry!" I blurted up at him, taking a quick moment to look him over.

His hair was really short and died blond, almost buzzed to the scalp, but I knew his hair was naturally dark because of the dark brows on his face. He had brown eyes and full lips, not an ounce of anger on his face. Something about him still intimidated me to my bones, though.