24

~Catalina's POV~

On Thursday, I was on the way to heading over to the lunch table in the cafeteria when I glanced over to the table that Luke usually sat at. Normally, he was sitting with Calum and Michael, but neither of them were there. In fact, I hadn't seen either of them the entire day, so they must've not been here. That left Luke to sit on his own.

I eyed him for a moment as he was eating his lunch with the smallest frown on his face, probably feeling lonely having to sit there all on his own. I frowned, glancing over at the table where Felix, Sadie and Eli sat with Willow. My lunch tray in hand, I skittered my way over to Luke's table, not wanting him to have to sit on his own. I was his girlfriend, after all, and what type of girlfriend would I be if I left him to sit on his own at lunch? Sure, we usually didn't sit together at lunch, but that was only because we had different friends.

Luke looked up in surprise when I plopped down in the seat beside him, slamming my tray down onto the table. "Catalina?" He blinked, his blue eyes peering up at me in a mix of confusion and surprise. I gave him a smile, leaning over to place a kiss on his cheek that made his full lips twitch up slightly. "Hi." I greeted happily, scooting my chair in beneath the table more. He smiled wider, turning to look at me a bit closer. "Uh, hi." He returned, still seeming a little bit confused, but happy to see me nonetheless. "What are you doing here? You usually sit with your friends." He mentioned curiously, cocking his head to the side.

"Well, I saw that you weren't sitting with Michael and Calum like you usually do." I said casually, shrugging. "I figured they weren't here and I didn't want to leave you to sit alone at lunch by yourself. That'd make me a bad girlfriend." I grinned, softly bumping my elbow against his. He shook his head lightly and fought a smile from forming on his lips. "You really didn't have to come join me if you didn't want to. I'd have been fine sitting on my own." He assured, waving it off as if it were nothing to him. Still, I didn't buy it. "I wanted to. Besides, you looked like a lonely little boy on the playground." I teased.

His cheeks flushed a light pink at my teasing and he looked down as he lightly played around with the broccoli on his tray, not even thinking his actions through. "I did not." He muttered defensively, embarrassed.

I chuckled and shook my head, taking a bite of the sandwich I had on my own tray, being sure I had it all swallowed before I spoke. I hated when people spoke with food in their mouths. "You did, but okay. I figured I'd just come and keep you company." I said simply, shrugging yet again as I took another bite. Instead of continuing to wallow in his embarrassment, I noticed how his lips turned up into a small smile as he looked down at his tray and I couldn't help the way my heart fluttered. He was too fucking cute.

"Well, thank you." He said after a moment, looking over at me with that small smile still on his face. I went to take another bite of my sandwich but Luke suddenly had a grasp on my jaw, turning my head so I was looking at him. Surprised, I blinked and dropped my sandwich onto my tray, gasping when he leaned over and dove right into kissing me. I slowly moved one hand to his hair as his soft lips moved happily against mine, my breathing beginning to grow heavier. My other hand joined in on grasping his hair, our knees brushing as he softly parted my lips open with his tongue. I slid my hands down to his back, fisting the fabric of his tight white shirt in my grip as he drove his tongue into my mouth. He groaned softly into my mouth as his tongue met mine and the sound alone had my body heating, my knees weakening as I felt a wave of arousal pass through me.

Although it took everything in me to do so, I forced myself to pull away, my breath coming out in harsh pants as I tried to calm down. There was absolutely no way we could be getting so intimate in our school cafeteria. "You smell so good, cupcake." He cooed softly, his nose lightly nuzzling my skin as he kissed down into my jaw until he reached the spot below my ear. "Luke! Stop it. We're at school!" I scolded, but I didn't even try to push him away as I felted his warm tongue lapping at my skin. If anything, I pulled him closer. "Thought you wanted me to stop." He murmured into my ear, nipping at my neck until he had latched firmly onto a weak spot and began sucking at it determinedly. "I-I..." Was all that came out of my mouth, gasping as my skin burned under the feel of his lips on me. "I do!" I gasped, finally coming back to my senses once again. I practically ripped out of his hold, a blush on my cheeks that was most definitely not from embarrassment.