11

~Catalina's POV~

Wednesday rolled around faster than I thought it could've. I walked into school on Wednesday morning, hearing a light set of footsteps rush up to me a few moments before I could get to my locker. I'd expected it to be Sadie or maybe even Felix, but I hadn't expected Luke.

His tall frame towered over me as he came to a stop, which forced me to come to a halt as well. I looked up at him, taken aback by his sudden presence. "Catalina," He began, slightly out of breath. I frowned, a little concerned. "Is everything okay?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. He smiled and nodded, running a hand through his hair once he'd caught his breath again. "Yes, sorry. I've been looking for you." He said, surprising me. Why would he have been looking for me?

"Oh? For what?" I frowned, confused. As far as I knew, we'd already discussed the details of our project and that we'd be working together today after school, so there wasn't anything I could think of that he might need from me. "Well, we probably will have to do some research about the two movements, right?" He guessed, raising a brow at me.

Slowly, I nodded. "Yeah. What about it?" I shrugged, still not getting what he was trying to ask me. When a group of people began rushing by us, he grabbed my hand lightly and pulled me over to the lockers so that we weren't as in the way anymore. "It's just that...I don't know how we'll both be able to do research if you only have one laptop, o-or computer or whatever." He said, frowning.

I couldn't help but to smile in amusement. This, of all the things that he could've worried over, was the thing that he decided to worry about. It was both funny and adorable. "You can just use my laptop and I'll use my mom's." I decided, stalking around him to get to my locker. He followed after me, his brows no longer furrowed together. "You're sure?" He pressed anyways. I nodded again, looking over at him as I began to unlock my locker. "Positive. It's no big deal." I assured.

Luke smiled a bit and nodded his head, relaxing against the locker beside mine. "Okay, good. I just wanted to be sure." He said, eyeing me, or more so my clothes. A little smile lifted onto his lips and I tried to fight the bigger smile that fought to show through, barely managing to contain it. "You look cute." He grinned at me. I looked down at myself, as if I didn't know what I was wearing.

Today I'd dressed in a pair of grey and black striped pants with a single row grommet belt around my waist, mostly to keep them up, but also because of my shirt. I had on a black leather cropped shirt that laced up along both breasts and to the bottom of the shirt with a zipper up the middle of the top, thin spaghetti straps being the only thing that held it up securely. Over that, I'd slid on a black jacket and had a silver chained choker loosely around my neck. For shoes, I'd slid on my trinity buckle boots.

"Y-You too." I stammered out stupidly. I didn't even have to fully look at his outfit to know that he looked good because he always looked good; it didn't matter what he was dressed in. The man could've mad a trash bag look great. He didn't have to try, whereas I did. Looking great like him didn't come so easily for me. I knew I wasn't ugly, don't get me wrong, but I felt like he was way out of my league. Maybe he just didn't see me the way I saw me, or he didn't see himself the way I saw him. Perhaps he saw me the way I was and still thought I was pretty. Who knows?

Luke smiled widely, little sparkles of amusement shining in his eyes with the way he looked at me. "Oh? I'm cute?" He chuckled, breaking out of his shell a little bit. I flushed in embarrassment, finally realizing that I'd just said he was cute. Only cute. "No!" I gasped, shaking my head as I swung my locker open rougher than intended. It slammed against the locker beside mine, my eyes wide as I turned to the tall boy next to me, who had his smile still intact. "No? I'm not?" He asked, feigning a little pout, as if I'd offended him. Now realizing I'd said he was not cute, my lips parted and I froze on the spot. "Um," I mumbled nervously. "I-I mean..."