22

~Catalina's POV, a month later~

"You know Halloween is literally just next weekend, right, Cat?" Sadie asked me as she and I stood at me locker while I loaded things into my backpack. "Yeah, and? What about it?" I asked, shrugging indifferently.

Her red lips pulled into a scowl with the rest of her face and she crossed her arms over her chest angrily, not happy with my reaction. "And, what are you going to dress up as?!" She huffed out, looking at me expectantly. I rolled my eyes and zipped my backpack closed. "The same thing I am every other day of the year." I answered simply, swinging my backpack over my shoulder and onto my back. I'd thought my answer was quite self explanatory but she frowned down at me, confused. "Well, whats that?" She pressed, not quite understanding what I was saying.

"Myself." I said, raising a brow at her in a duh manner. She hummed in thought and frowned, narrowing her eyes at me. "But I don't get it. Why?" She complained, pouting a little. I sighed deeply and slammed my locker shut, moving the knob so nobody could break into it. "Because, judging by the look you give me when you see my outfits, what I wear everyday is plenty scary. I won't even need to dress up." I shrugged, but she only scowled at me more. "No! Absolutely not! You are dressing up!" She exclaimed angrily, her brown eyes narrowed at me angrily. I smiled in amusement and shook my head, looking up as Felix came hesitantly approaching from behind Sadie. He eyed her with apprehension, making it clear that he'd heard her yelling at me. He was not one to like to be around when Sadie was angry, but then again nobody was.

"Felix!" I said dramatically before he could escape and leave me with her, a large grin sliding onto my lips as I eyed him. Automatically, Sadie spun around with her arms crossed over her chest, an irritated furrow in her brows. "Oh, Felix, great! You're here!" She gasped in excitement, letting out a sigh of relief. Felix glared at me shortly before he forced himself to join the two of us, his shoulders slumped in defeat. "Why's that great?" He muttered bitterly, crossing his arms over his wide chest to show how pouty he was being.

"Well, because you can help me and tell this idiot that she has to dress up for Halloween. Duh!" She scoffed, gesturing over to me. Felix sighed and gave me a look, his face very unimpressed. "You're not dressing up?" He asked, frowning.

"No." I answered flatly, looking up at him. Sadie huffed and sent him a look. "See what I have to deal with?" She muttered angrily, rolling her eyes. He ignored her and frowned down at me, his brows furrowing. "Are you not doing anything for Halloween this year?" He asked, curious. I shook my head, looking up at him. "Not that I know of, no." I said. Usually I would dress up for Halloween, but that was usually if I actually had plans on Halloween. This year, I didn't, as far as I knew, so what was the point in dressing up?

"But if you did have something to do on Halloween?" Sadie butted in again, perking up in interest with a smile threatening to lift at the edge of her lips. With a small sigh and a slight roll of my eyes, I leaned against my locker and nodded. "Yeah, I'd dress up if I had something to do, but I'm not going to get dressed up just to sit at home." I snorted. Felix grinned along with Sadie, her red hair bouncing as she jumped in excitement on her feet. Her heels lightly cracked against the floor and I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Great! If that's really all it takes to get you dressed up, then you should've told me sooner, you know." Sadie remarked, shaking her head.

I stared at her for a moment, waiting for her to elaborate on what exactly she meant by that. She didn't catch on, however, and just stared back at me with a cluelessly happy smile on her lips, glad that she'd gotten me to agree to dress up for Halloween. "Well?" I pressed, raising my brows expectantly. "Are you going to share what you're thinking? I assume you have plans for us on Halloween." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.