8

~Catalina's POV~

"Catalina!" I heard my boss snap at me while I was wiping off one of the tables. I stopped, turning around to look at him with a frown on my face. "What?" I asked, confused. He scowled at me and I pursed my lips, watching as he beckoned me closer with one finger.

A sigh left my lips and I trudged my way forward until I was beside him behind the counter, my arms crossed over my chest. "Yes?" I asked again, raising my brows expectantly at him. Mr. Price crossed his long arms over his chest, looking down at me as if I were a piece of garbage. "What are you doing?" He asked me flatly, unamused. I stared at him intently, wondering if he had something wrong with his vision. I had just been cleaning the tables off! It didn't take a genius to see that.

"Well, I was cleaning off the tables." I drawled smartly, feeling irritated by him. Had he really stopped me from cleaning just so he could complain to me that I wasn't doing anything? "That's not your problem. You need to go wait the tables." He sighed deeply, running a hand over his face as if he couldn't believe my stupidity.

I frowned and nodded my head, though I really didn't appreciate him being a dick to me. I set the rag that I held in my hands onto the counter in the back and washed my hands, drying them on a towel when I was finished. For a few hours, I spent my time going back and forth between different tables as people filtered in and out, taking their orders and bring them the things they ordered. By the time it hit two PM, I was worn out and my feet were hurting. It was a good thing I didn't have to work late tonight.

A little after two PM, I was in the middle of cleaning up a few dishes when Mr. Price came up to me again. "You're not very good at listening, huh?" He asked flatly, his arms crossed over his chest. "Go wait the tables." He demanded, scowling at me. I sighed and again washed my hands before I continued to go wait the tables, taking different orders.

I was in the middle of waiting for Kai to finish making the food for the table I'd just taken the order of when Xoe, who was also making food, gestured to a few hot coffees that were sitting on the counter and looked at me. "Can you take these to table eight?" She pleaded to me, giving me hopeful eyes. I nodded, grabbing the first two coffees in my grasp while I had the other one cradled between my arm and my chest. Because I was focusing on not spilling the drinks and not on where I was going, or even focusing on who was around me, I didn't notice Mr. Price bustling my way.

He knocked into me roughly, his large frame hitting into my smaller one causing me to completely lose my balance and go stumbling to the side. I gasped in shock, two of the coffees falling to the floor in a mess as I hit against a table roughly. The third one, however, ended up dumped all over the chest of the guy sat at the table I'd practically fallen over.

Mr. Price immediately grasped me by my elbow way tighter than needed, hissing angrily as he yanked me away from the table. I looked down and noticed that it, to my surprise, was Luke who was sat at the table, now covered in hot coffee. "Oh, my gosh!" I whispered, eyes wide. "Luke. I'm so sorry!" I blurted out at him before Mr. Price glared at me and practically shoved me away. "Go! Go in the back while I deal with this mess." He snapped, irritated. I went to protest, wanting to explain that it was an accident, but my words died in my throat when I saw how he glared at me. After I spared a brief glance to Luke and gave him an apologetic smile, I turned and skittered back into the kitchen with my head down in embarrassment.

While I watched from the kitchen, I could tell Mr. Price was apologizing profusely towards Luke, judging by the fake sincerity on his face. Luke just shook his head, saying something to my boss that I was unsure of since I couldn't hear them. I bit my cheek as the two of them went back and forth, discussing something that probably had to do with the incident that'd just gone down. After a moment, Price gave him a nod and turned around, the nice look on his face falling to return to the normal scowl he had as his eyes trained on me. He was mad, and even that was an understatement. He looked about ready to throw me off the roof.